'69 Crewcab resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

young_dubya

Reaction score
Bought this on sunday from Mr Wilson (top bloke!!). (also met another early bayer at the drop site but completely missed your username dude, drop me a reply on this thread then i can keep up on your dormy :wink: :oops: )Scott was kind enough to sort me out with all the fiddly bits it would have been hard to find in a short space of time, without me even asking! few jobs to do for MOT but im gona do the big jobs before i put it on the road as it will be my daily when finished. gave her a wash today , she already looks 10x better lol

crewycomeshome009.jpg

thedouble010.jpg

thedouble005.jpg

thedouble004.jpg

thedouble011.jpg

thedouble015.jpg

the plan is to do all the welding then flip her over, bare metal the floor, etch primer, stonechip and paint then a full mechanical rebuild hopefully before deva :shock: :lol: tommorow the bumper comes off and i start to tackle the front valance.

:lol: wicked dude! yeah we got back quicker than we got down cos we fixed our winscreen washers at gordano lmao! looking forward to seeing the dormy! :D

Now that's a cool crewcab! 8) Congrats dude! It needs some work, but definately worth it. Are you going to keep (and detail) the SA sprints? 8)

cheers dude, the sprints you see (15") acctually still belong to Scott. hes let me keep them until the ive detailed the others (14") so i can get her rolling again because the tyres on th14's wont stay up :lol: (also starting these this week) Hes even paid me to send um back to him and given me the boxes to send um in :lol:

it will be lowered but not super low as its still gona be a work horse, going with T2D beam adjusters and adjustable springplates so i can still load her up. then get saving for the spindles :mrgreen:

Got the bumper off this morning and found this
random1001.jpg

Not to bad i thought, then looked closer on the underside and saw that there was filler all the way along. so ended up with this
random1006.jpg

then examing the whole panel a little closer:eek:
random1032.jpg

random1030.jpg

Looks like ill be looking for a new front clip, the man with the filler must have been a sculpter i didnt notice until looks really close! :shock: :!: only a couple of bits that gave it away.:lol:

You'll soon have all that sorted mate. I'm looking forward to seeing her on the streets of Bolton :wink:

The rest of the bus is seems to be rock solid. Should probabley say im super happy with scotts description and service. This damage was hard to spot til i started poking around and getting close and personal. so much so i even considered fixing it at a later date :oops: . who ever did it was a dab hand at shaping filler. I spoke to Scott at dinner and he is sending me a rust free OG front end with more than enough material to repair this and at a price that reflects his attitude towards customer care and his buisness as a whole. I am very impressed! :D the cost wont be much higher than that of the repair panels and it saves me trying to run two seam welds across the front panel :lol:

Cracking customer service from Scott that is.. I live in Asltey near Leigh but I live a lot of my life in & around the Bolton area, I go up Rivvy lots, play football for Eagley, I go to the Reebok when I can but steer clear of Shiffnall street :mrgreen:
Old poe should look like a bus this next week or so shes being welded back together at the moment then full bare metal respray. Where in Bolton are you from? keep us updated with progress pictures on the crewcab..
Andy

Cool! keeping an eye on your progress. dont live too far from the reebok. ill keep an eye out for poe when shes done. :D :wink:

:lol: :lol: im not all that bad yet. anyway have to have a shave saturday night cos the GF has me booked for a christening on sunday :roll: :lol: hopefully get all day on the bus saturday :mrgreen: meantime im gona go do abit now :D

Latest posts