'69 Crewcab resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yon Bo Jangles is well showing me up now so time to get serious! :lol:

Finally managed to tidy a small space to work this week

roof.jpg

space.jpg

:|

Started re-making that side panel support that was shocking last time i tryed as i just wasnt into it :|
upwardleg1.jpg

upwardleg2.jpg

Alot better i hope, as much as ive managed so far but there will be A LOT more in the coming weeks and months! :D

Right. Now officially back on it :D not much physical progress but I've designed my wiring loom with high powered head lights and switchable fuse boxes. Ive also ordered a fair few panels from autocraft which should be here in the next week or so.

I'm also looking at a slamwerks been instead of building my own as I'm thinking it with my time its not worth the saving. Plus they look the badgers!

So anyway! Only a tiny amount of metal work been done but started looking at the c pillar so I can work my way backwards.

It's a tad ropey round the bottom ill have to make it up.
IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

So choppped it out, can see all the measurements now.
IMAG0109.jpg

Started on the outside with the folded edge. I folded the line straight with my trusty angle and then lifted it and beat the edge against a square dolly so it wouldn't just bend the flatted it against the angle.

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

Then for the jogle. I used the old panel to set the angles to the offset.
IMAG0131.jpg

Then clamped the crap out of it to stop it moving :D
IMAG0133.jpg

Then I measured my overhang needed and clamped it using another piece of angle. Then using a rounded chisel worked the edge gently to get it to sit down.
IMAG0138.jpg

Trimmed the edges then and offered it up. Need some more fettling but thats for another day :)
IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

Not much but I'm glad I'm back on with it.

Cheers folks. Really stoked about having it on the road now. Hoping to paint it this summer :)

Just so you all know I'm not posting loads of pics cos I'm an ego maniac :lol: pics will help other folk if they want to know how to tackle it. I've struggled with finding how its all put together and have been literally peeling the van. Hoping it will help others really :)

Picked up my Autocraft panels from Dubfreeze today and they look F***IN excellent! :D Also had a wee chat with Guy from slamwerks about a beam etc after having a chat with gadget :D just need to free up some time to fit them all :)

She's been up for sale. Not for sale. Up for sale again. Now no longer for sale (Unless someone offers me what i wanted, which i know was too much but its what it's worth to me.)

I've had no time to do anything to it of late as we've just bought our first house. Things have calmed down a bit now and the other half has started a new job so I'm sat twiddling my thumbs until I pick her up at 7ish each night so I'm going to stay in work and try and get a bit done. A few hour a week should see her back on track but I can see shit getting piled in front of it all the time, but it will happen.

Just don't know when. It's done when it's done :lol:

Deva 2014 or bust?? :p

Latest posts