'69 Crewcab resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting there dood, nice work on getting that clip to fit perf 8)

yes, nice work ash. I kinda like the red front white rear :) my 68 is arriving soon but it looks like its sold so i`ll just have to try and keep hold of the 72 :!:

easy said:
Getting there dood, nice work on getting that clip to fit perf 8)

cheers dude. it not quite perfect yet. thats whats taking the time. its had a bump on the bottom edge nsf and its fooking with my door alignment. that and it appears the hinges are out. decided im gona get the frame the right shape and size by measuring our dormi and then get the door to fit. so tommorow off with the clip and clean it all up ready to be welded so when it does fit itll be staying there :mrgreen: :mrgreen: hopefully :roll: :lol:

bugger ment to add, Scott you should deffo keep the 72! :mrgreen: whos having the 68?? anyone we know??

Ps its got a blue passenger door on it too cos i was seeing if it was the door or the step that was out lol. looks the bollox. im after a yellow cab door and some green gates for the back too :p :lol:

Stoked again now!!! A good mate of mine has just done this for me!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

41d30b5227cbc06e.jpg

MUST.........RESIST..............CALLING............T.......2......D..............

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

whoop whoop! PROGRESS!! not much mind but due to these two below requiring work i havent touched it for a while!!

090627_073716.jpg

got the a pillars welded up (apart from that one gash there :lol: )
090623_085552.jpg

and then cracked on with bare metaling and cold galving the front end!! :mrgreen:
090623_085531.jpg

hoping to get on with cleaning up the front clip this next week (after ive repaired my sister fiesta! which the other sister drove into a post while her sibling was on holiday! :roll: ) then on with the gelding!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

young_dubya said:
Cool! keeping an eye on your progress. dont live too far from the reebok. ill keep an eye out for poe when shes done. :D :wink:
Small world. We used to live behind the beehive pub, now in chorley,

nice crew cab

huzzzaaa!! the front clip is finally tacked on!! after weeks of not touching it ive finally got summat done!! :mrgreen: she looks quite good! ill stick some piccys up later :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Go go dubya :D looking good. At some point in the next couple of years I'll have to do the front panel on mine, not looking forward to that.

its not all that bad. i just tend to spend far to long convincing myself im doing the right thing and thats is as good as it can be, unfortunately i always do this after ive cut the panel off :lol: . think if i was to do it again i wouldnt go as far back onto the airbox as i have, i wouldnt have with this but the shelf behind the grill was a mess and i couldnt even find the spot welds!! :shock: it looks alreet now though!! just to say seeing your bus at action was the final straw in me making my mind up to buy one!! its awesome!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

right an update. seems to be taking forever :( managing about an hour every couple of weeks at the minute but cant complain because the comapny is busy which is good in time like these!
Started last friday morning by getting a couple of coats of black on the inner panel then got cracking on Monday morning cleaning up the front panel ready for welding, stuck some weld through primer on the bits ill be geldin up or repairing later
090724_080325.jpg

and then a coat of primer on the whole panel once id cleaned up the paint.
090724_085041.jpg

then it was time to tack the bugger up
090729_090949.jpg

measured everything about 50 times and the door gaps are spot on measured against our un-messed with 72 dormobile (which is nice :mrgreen: )
090729_143154.jpg

the only part thats out is the air box due to the bump on the front its abit bont in places meaning it doesnt sit quite exact, decided the best course of action was to fit the panel and then get the airbox to fit so it was all exact.
090731_135101.jpg

got the door on for the final measurment of the passenger side, hopefully get the drivers side monday so this is how she looks now.
090731_135035.jpg

hopefully have more updates soon :roll: :lol:

Ash

think ive just picked the final colour!! :mrgreen: nothing like what i was original thinking and dont really want to give it away just now cos knowing me ill change my mind before i buy the paint, dont know if i should go buy the paint now so i cant :lol: its abit dffrent and im very excited to say the least. not like im getting ahead of myself or owt :lol:

Cheers mate, not really a garage more of a scrap yard :lol: im hoping it wont be all that long, my next deadline after missing deva :roll: ) is to hopefuly have her in the earlybay.com line up at VolksWorld :mrgreen: once this clips on i should be flying. :D

Pulled some more measurements off our dormobile last night and the clip is spot on!! :mrgreen: just to measure the drivers door hole and if alls well it should be somewhere near welded in this week. dropped the dash in aswell to check it fits and it sits spot on, well chuffed!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: pics tonight ;)

Pulled some more measurements of our dormobile yesterday so i can check the height of my clip and it match the original dormy one perfect. :D today i only managed to measure up and get the dash in to check fitment
090803_084940.jpg

it lines up as near to perfect as im ever gona get it :lol:

090803_084951.jpg

090803_085003.jpg

Again sorry for the crap phone photo but keep forgetting my camera.

also put the drivers door on and the clip itself sits right in measurements but the door sticks out abit and doesnt seem to want to go over on the hinges:confused: so ill sort that before i weld anything up just incase, super stoked now and actually enjoying my self again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts