• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me ages to find this set at around the £100 mark and your right £175 does seem high but your not getting a 20 year old set your getting a brand new set.

What i'm going to do is try a few other sources based on making a first batch of 20-25 see if i cant get the price down.

If i can get it some where near £125 i think that seems ok?

Dave

now your talking.... :D .... though think about how/where your gonna get shot of the excess dd you dont want to be shelling out and have em sitting...

saying that I recon at a show you should be able to knock em out with the potential of profit and taking orders...

are you still gonna bring em along to sherwood on sunday? as I say theres a reasonable fabricators near me very good and keen pricing...

yer i'll bring them mate and let you see what you can do.

if you can do better we'll have to come to some sort of arrangement? I was hoping to get a few quid back later down the line as i've put alot of hours in already.

obviously we need to get the early bay people sorted first

Ill let the guy qoute then and rests upto you mate I'm not after a cut so if his price is good Ill put you in touch with him if not you've lost nothing....

ok dude

to be honest i think its going to come down to numbers most places wont even entertain you unless your talking 100's of sets

sounds like he might be the guy for the job then! i've been dealing with medium sized companies so far.

i guess he'll still want to make a profit though but like you said we've lost nothing by asking

Ok

Just been to meet with a different metal work shop! Apparently the problem was recreating the original design.

A bit of a simple rethink and we pretty sure we can better the design whilst also making it easier to make and therefore cheaper.

He is making a set this weekend i'm hoping we can get closer to that £120 mark.

Should know by Tuesday next week a final price.

I think if we can get around £120 that seems about right for a brand new set?

Dave

:D getting better all the time....

I've been contemplating a few tweeks myself, what was the prob with the design and hows he come around it

There were no problems with the design as such but these hinges were obviosuly mass produced so to reproduce the exact design by hand was proving to time consuming.

We've simplified the design so its suits be producded by hand and it should prove more effiecent and therefore cheaper to produce.

By next week I hope to have the new proto type fitted in my bus so I can tell for sure if its good or not.

When i've done this i'll be posting pics and if we like it then i'll get the first batch made up for the rest of you.

keep going Dave...I'm still interested in getting some of these.

Potentially good news people

Just got back from the workshop and my metal fabricator guy thinks he can do the prototype by the end of next week.

I'll fit these to my bus and see if there doing the job if so I'll give him the nod to produce 10 sets intially or if we get more names from you guys on here then maybe more and i'll be sending them on to you all hopefully by mid to late Feb.

Also price wise is looking much better i got him haggled down to around £120 ish per set for 10 sets which aint to bad really when you consider an 20 year old set will set yoiu back around that mark. I'll be passing them on for this if you want to collect them from shows.

Hope to have pics and an update in one weeks time.

ok these are the names i have on my list so far

Dave Clifford
Philip Egan
flynster
mcvw
Olson
mmmc
Aaron
Tofufi
Rob Stone
billybradshaw

seem to be 10 names so going to have 10 sets done all being well
once there ready i'll post it on this thread if you still want them let me know

I'm still in...looking forward to seeing them in action!

Dave Clifford
Philip Egan
flynster
mcvw
Olson
mmmc :D
Aaron :D
Tofufi
Rob Stone
billybradshaw

Latest posts