• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does someone have dimensions for these Z-hinges? If I'd make 'em myself?

How is the backrest attached?

Hi,

I'm hoping to make a few quid out of manufactoring them so i'm not overly fussed about giving people the plans.

I'll draw some up though and if you look on samba they have copies of the original instructions for them so you can work out how they work!

When i've drawn the plans i'll let you know!

Watch this space!

Should get the hinges in the post any day now and then straight to the metal work guy!

I will keep you all informed.

Dave

I have a set of pop top hinges for sale. $100 for the pair plus shipping and insurance. These are out of a 1972 Westfalia. Good condition no issues. I find them often. I have lots of Bay parts and find them a lot. I sell just about anything I find. Email your needs. I can ship world wide and except Pay Pal. I can deliver parts to the shipping company in Stanton California. Hit me up

dannyz said:
I have a set of pop top hinges for sale. $100 for the pair plus shipping and insurance. These are out of a 1972 Westfalia. Good condition no issues. I find them often. I have lots of Bay parts and find them a lot. I sell just about anything I find. Email your needs. I can ship world wide and except Pay Pal. I can deliver parts to the shipping company in Stanton California. Hit me up

you need to put this as a post on its own and list us what you have in stock would be a useful start.

The fact that you use paypal is reassuring but alot of people dont know ya and probably would trust after a single post. are you listed on anyother site with descriptions of what you have?

My name id Danny Zepeda aka Dr Old School. I'm a Big Empi collector. I have lots of parts listed on the Samba under dannyz.

I've made a few trips to Europe now. Volksworld, Bug In, Das Drag Day, The Spa and VW Nationals. I think I'm well known in Europe. I've been selling VWs and parts for more than 20 years now. I ship world wide and I accept Pay Pal. Hit me up

cool... do you stock any bug parts? after a pair of rust and dent free 65-66 doors.

Hi all,

Hinges in from America and off to my metal work guy

Expect a rough price of aroung £60-£80 a pair at some point in the next week or so.

Should be doing 10 sets of the bat first come first served.

Cheers

Dave

ddffrost said:
Hi all,

Hinges in from America and off to my metal work guy

Expect a rough price of aroung £60-£80 a pair at some point in the next week or so.

Should be doing 10 sets of the bat first come first served.

Cheers

Dave

its about time :wink: i was getting worried that they got lost in the mail. hope they work out for you

hi,

yer arrived last week but parcel force where being dicks about delivering them to work address for some reason.

all safe and sound now thou mate.

thanks again

Dave

If you can knock em out at that price count me in for a set in the new year (xmas excess on my bank ballance).....

Re think the interior again... :lol:

In addition to the hinges themselves, there are 2 stops that mount with small bolts through both wheel wells and also a hook that is attached to the seat back on both ends and a hook eye that retains the hooks so the seat does not flop forward. Did you get those little items to copy? Well probably do not need to copy them exactly, you can come up with something that will do the job. I have them if you care to see them. I am in California.

yep got those parts also all at my metal work guys place now.

should have a price by Monday

doing 20 sets to start with

Hi,

Sorry for the delay the metal shop guy i'm using just landed a massive order last week so he's flat out at the moment.

He's promised me a price and the first few sets out soon.

I'll let you know when.

basically when the first sets are ready it will be first come forst served.

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts