Uber Cool-68 Westy Cal import LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the beach 2 weeks ago, made myself a quick bit of anti theft device before we left, not bad for a quick brainwave idea.
Picture419.jpg

On the beach at Southport
Picture405.jpg

Few photos from bustypes

Picture417.jpg

Picture412.jpg

New curtain made by the dab hand mother-in law.

Picture399.jpg

Picture400.jpg

Picture401.jpg

Picture402.jpg

Old wardrobe curtain had some proper 70's fabric attached, just turned to dust when touched
Picture396.jpg

Picture397.jpg

Hi mate those streamers look to be getting played with a lot see it on the table there fantastic kids love them oh and the vans looking good fella Frankie.

Hi Uber cool nice van mate and any news on the red 9 kit cheers Wayne and thanks for the step

Yep started tonight got the front beam stripped, so over the weekend fitting the red 9 kit and late bay front discs with 205 PCD, photos to follow probably sunday night :mrgreen:

uber cool said:
Yep started tonight got the front beam stripped, so over the weekend fitting the red 9 kit and late bay front discs with 205 PCD, photos to follow probably sunday night :mrgreen:

tell us more dear sir

I very busy weekend on the van, managed to fit the bay discs, fit a new swivel pin kit (which explains why going Stanford Hall it felt like it was steering it's self :shock: ). Fit the red 9 kit and lower the rear end 1 spline.
So it now steering, stops, handles and looks better :mrgreen:

First off stripped off the old brake, say byebye to front brake adjusting :mrgreen:
100_0815.jpg

Front beam stripped and bump stops cut off
100_0821.jpg

Red 9 bump stop fitted (its the wrong way up in this photo
100_0822.jpg

secured with a bolt at the back
100_0823.jpg

Front late bay discs with adaptors only increased the track by 5 mm each side, thought it would have been more, but as you can see the spindle is more compact than a drum brake model and pushes the disc closer to the balljoints.
100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

The 112 to 205 adaptors are recessed so fit nicely over the bay hub, in fact an interference fit
100_0827.jpg

Bay hubs and red 9 fitted, bump stop now the right way up
100_0828.jpg

adaptors fitted to the hubs
100_0830.jpg

Back on its wheels its dropped the front approx 50 mm. Now for the rear, going for 1 spline drop
100_0843.jpg

Took me about 2 hours per side at the rear, really helped that no bolts were seized,
back on its wheels again about a 50mm drop, I was lucky with tyre clearance, about 5mm between tyre and arch, nows its settled the rim is just about level with the top of the arch
100_0837.jpg

100_0836.jpg

Now the the overall look
Back in Feb when bought
214394212_o.jpg

Now
100_0838.jpg

uber cool said:
First off stripped off the old brake, say byebye to front brake adjusting :mrgreen:

I can relate to that ;) You bought those discs then.
Looking good, can't wait to see the end result.

Leon, have you got your porsche hubs fitted yet?

These bay discs certainly feel better than the drums, gives me a little more confidence that it will stop

uber cool said:
Leon, have you got your porsche hubs fitted yet?

These bay discs certainly feel better than the drums, gives me a little more confidence that it will stop

All fitted, just waiting for the master cylinder to arrive. Should be here either today or tomorrow. Then off for her yearly health check. :roll:

next is to fit a 3 point belt on the cupboard side of the westy, dont like my daughter just having the lap belt. But need to fabricate some sort of top mount.

Then its complete the trailer and fit the porsche engine, that should take up next weekend, ha ha :lol: More like the next 12 months

Hi Uber cool what is the ride like with the red9 kit as some say it great and other says not so. So how have you got on with it

I havent done enough miles to set it up properly. However had similar on my other van and would say any lowered bus rides harder than standard set up. I'll let you know when I've got a few miles on it.

Been busy the last few weeks, fitted a towbar, geniune westy one, that was a lucky find on VZI.
Also some prat drove into the side, so booked in the paint shop 11th July, plus get some other bit touched up.
Fitted a dormobile cooker behind the passenger seat, that took a bit of work to reverse the hinges and cooker ect, as all dormobiles of RHD.

also do some work on the trailer.

tow bar fitted

camper68013.jpg

camper68014.jpg

camper68015.jpg

camper68016.jpg

camper68017.jpg

Latest posts