Uber Cool-68 Westy Cal import LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
61 stu said:
uber cool said:
DSCF5991.jpg

That looks so cool 8)

8)

Aha :shock: slight change of plan (again). The turbo kit has gone on the Beetle :lol: and going drag racing next year, with hopefully a pass down the strip this year as a test.

Only took 4 hours to strip off the twin carbs and fit the turbo setup,

sneeky test down the road last night brought a big grin to my face :mrgreen:

DSCF6113.jpg

So I'll build the 1835cc and twin carbs and 110 cam for the camper.

started a thread on vzi for the Beetle
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=786062

68_early_bay said:
uber cool said:
Aha :shock: slight change of plan (again). The turbo kit has gone on the Beetle :lol:

You'll make your mind up one day...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe :lol:

Offroad tyres now off, sold to someone on here (watch this space) so chrome 356 rims back on, need to lower and then get on with the 1835cc engine build.

uber cool said:
Offroad tyres now off, sold to someone on here (watch this space) so chrome 356 rims back on, need to lower and then get on with the 1835cc engine build.

You'll make your mind up one day...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

No update on the bay recently but the turbo engine on the Beetle is running well, managed a 1/4 mile time of 16.1seconds and 85mph, on my first time down the strip at York. Bit of development over the winter and then build the 1835cc with turbo mark II for the Beetle and the one of the Beetle goes on the camper.

dragracing67Beetle009.jpg

dragracing67Beetle003.jpg

dragracing67Beetle005.jpg

It's really quiet. The turbo kills most of the sound. It now on the road but with no rear silencer or stinger :mrgreen:

Had another run at York dragway at the weekend. Didn't better the 16.1sec run. Best I did was 16.5sec.

Over winter going to build the 1835 for the beetle. Remodel the turbo. Then rebuild the 1641 and add the turbo and manifold off this to the camper.

Not been on here for a while :oops: Had a few other projects to concentrate on. Also sometime it's good to have time off from a project. I think I've got the mad eposide out of me with the camper jacked up :lol:

For my mates wedding in Sept12 it's was back to lowered and chrome rims, sometimes it best not to keep messing :roll:

I took the bride in the camper and another mate took the Groom in his rally car.

545553_10151170497994019_1563077632_n.jpg

269158_10151170498194019_1191402941_n.jpg

Ive got a bit carried away with drag racing and before I totaly stripped the Beelte and went mad with it I bought a 84 Pontiac in Novemebr 12 for drag racing

Picture052.jpg

DSCF6956.jpg

The pontiac has loads of emissions crap under the bonnet, stripped all of it out and the AC,
went from this
150a0c6ed9dce3.jpg

to this
pontiac079.jpg

oh and its being turbo'd :evil:

The beetle turbo (Renault 5) is on the left :mrgreen:
pontiac068.jpg

The camper is tucked up in my mums garage until I get the Pontiac on the road, hopefully by March. Then it will be the Campers turn to go turbo :mrgreen:

Camper back home after being in my mums garage for 10 months, since my mates wedding. Forgot hoe good it looks and drives.

Decided not going to turbo, as the Beelte is plenty for my nutty turbo fix and the 66 Galaxie (see my other threads) will be turbo as well , so keeping this stock now.....................or maybe just a 1776cc.

Latest posts