Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaahhhhhh! Thankyou!
........and relaaaaaaaaaax!! :cool:

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Foz said:
To be honest I have exactly the same concerns, they do seem a little close together. One thing I have made sure is that the exhaust outlet is furthest to the rear of the bus, so when travelling it dispurses gases away from the intake. Apart from that I can only presume the design is adequate.

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!
Don't reverse anywhere quickly with it running then :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Look a very clean install of the combustion pipes. I would personally have concerns about the proximity of the inlet and exhaust though. I know Jon has referred to a letter he has received from the manufacturers direct, but their installation manual does stipulate that the should actually runin opposite direction...

http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/?attachment_id=539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cant help think why they would specifically state this if it didnt matter?

For what its worth, I have run my pipes within the chassis rails and tried to keep them out of the way from air flow when driving. my though was that a strong air flow across the pipes may cause running issues due to pressures not designed at the inlet/exhaust.

I have had some issues with mine when driving - in that it seems to cut out every so often. I am not sure whether it was because my gas bottle was running low or sometihng else. I didnt get chance to figure out before leaving.

NaFe

Back from Scotland early evening yesterday, after an 850mile round trip.
Olive performed faultlessly throughout, never missing a beat, starting first time every time.
Leisure battery lasted all 5 days even, tho we gave the Propex a good hammering the whole time. My god how that made a difference to our camping experience!!
(Had no issues with the Propex exhaust/intake bracket) so that all works fine, as it should....even when on the move.

A Few photos of the 1st leg of the journey

Setting off....200 mile road trip ahead to Pooley Bridge in the Lake District

'Camp Forrestates' ....as we know it

Had the whole site to ourselves, bar a digger! lol

The future Wife and her early morning preperations (make up...new face etc.)

Did a 100mile tour of the LAKES whilst there.....some beautiful views....and some steep hills come to mention it!!

Taking picture of the missus and Olive photo-bombed it!....how rude!! :lol:

Met up with a friend & his family in an Edinburgh Hotel, who had also made the 350mile journey to be at the wedding at the weekend. (Photo taken from the Hotel room window so I could keep an eye on the buses) 8)

Next stop was the Wedding site!

To be continued...........

Olive looking awesome as usual - doesnt dirt or road film stick to your bus? Is it dipped in teflon?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

StuF said:
Olive looking awesome as usual - doesnt dirt or road film stick to your bus? Is it dipped in teflon?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'DoDo Juice'.....cant beat it! ;)

Stoked that it all went smoothly for you mate. Also nice to see these amazing buses being used for camping, not just for shows

As Stu says, impressed how gleaming the bus looks even after all that driving! may have to look into this dodo jiuce myself :)

jonboylaw said:
Where abouts did you stay? Hope the weather was not too bad for you. There is a pretty good VW show on from 23rd -25th may in Biggar, Volksfling 2014.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

We stayed here: http://www.harvestmoonholidays.com/

The wedding was held in the 3 large adjoining Tipi's

Mine and the grooms buses

A recent feature in Volksworld magazine

The Happy Couple

VW Evolution

Thanks guys for all your positive comments about this trip, it was undoubtedly the longest trip I've made in the bus to date.
Sets me in good stead for the long trip to SPA (Belgium) end of July

jonboylaw said:
Ah... It was Coco's wedding, bloody cool venue that.
He has done some really sweet split busses.

Yup, and another in progress, a barndoor I believe. He's one cool dude, so the venue suited perfectly!

Lots of 'Vintage Speed' goodness arrived in the post yesterday. Well thats my bank holiday weekend sorted!!
u9u9ave9.jpg

Would love to see your bus at volksfling it's a great little show I'll be there 46 mile round trip makes a change to the 600 for Big Bang .

I will makw it to Volksfling...but not this year. Almost definitely next year.....putting it in the diary as we speak!!

Latest posts