Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you made it down ok. Can't wait too see it tomorrow! Hope your not in the camp site with these bloody noisy lights rattling away :evil: 8)

rume4etu.jpg

And thats just for starters!

Decided to address the fuel gauge problem today, what with it being good weather. Decided to go down the access panel route. All good there, and installed the new fuel sender, only to find, I still have no working fuel gauge!!

Spent the rest of the day dismantling my dash, taking out the fuel gauge, which is by far no easy task!!

During the process ive now disturbed some wires, the odd short, and my oil light now flashes via the indicator relay when ignition is on. Goes off once the engine is running, however flick the indicator lever and hey presto I have indicators with an added oil lamp flasher. ......Totally beyond me!

So ive that to sort as well as the fuel gauge problem now. What started as a simple'ish job has now turned into a bit of a nightmare with bits everywhere! Got 3 weeks to sort it all before my Scotland trip.

All good fun!

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Mate I know your pain! :(

This was my dash the other week! :shock:

All sorted now though :msn4:

The oil light and indicator light are close together, I expect the terminals are touching and working each other.

Very productive day today, ive managed to fix all the dashboard woes I was experiencing last week ie. no working fuel gauge, oil light flashing through indicator relay, bulbs out. Everything now appears to be working as it should once again, with the added brightness of LED bulbs.
I even tackled my speedo cable while I was at it......much simpler than I ever imagined!!

Next on the list was the propex, so I made a start on that too while I was in good spirit.

Got the propex housed in position with appropriate holes drilled through the floor for the exhaust and intake pipes.
I do have some slight rewiring to do of the 2 amps I have housed under the R&R bed, as I intend to move them over a bit to make room for the gas bottle to be situated underneath also. Looks a mess, but it all in hand.
ygazy3yj.jpg

Also fitted the heater vent (on the left near to sliding door) and the recirculation vent in the middle. With all the speakers I have it was hard to find good positions, but i'm happy with the outcome.
hu6y8ujy.jpg

Now I just need to wire and pipe it all up over the coming week and half and hopefully I should have heat at the touch of a button!
In time for my Scotland trip all being well!

Once done there's a job fitting one in Hector waiting for you :)

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Well slowly but surely the propex is getting there....

Installed the propex unit only to find the exhaust pipe wasnt quite long enough (200mm short to be exact) to reach the edge of the bus where I have fitted the correct intake/exhaust bracket so it can be used whilst the bus is in motion safely.

So a quick ebay purchase for another length of stainless steel exhaust pipe and I finally got it fitted.

(Had a little stroke of luck in the fact I had ordered the wrong sized diameter pipe by approx 1 or 2mm, so when it arrived I offered it up to the existing pipe and because the design is like a screw thread my original pipe screwed perfectly into the new pipe thus no requirement for a joining piece and clamps :) )

Here is a pic of the bracket fitted just behind the rear jacking point (I had to make a spacer to sit the bracket flush, otherwise half the hole diameter would be covered by the sill
3edumyze.jpg

Hardly noticeable at distance...so very happy with the result
u3evu6aq.jpg

I've now decided to house the gas bottle under the buddy seat not the R&R bed as originally planned. This will now mean extra pipework, but will be the best option in the long run making easier access to the bottle to turn on and off as required.
The bottle sits approx 10mm too high at present to fit under the buddy seat but as my flooring is about 25mm thick, I intend to cut out the section where the bottle will sit so it should then sit below the seat base.
(I also had to move my compressor and air tank over to make room for the gas bottle)

Havent looked at what is involved in the electrical side of things yet, but I have a small bank of fuses under the R&R bed in conjuction with my stereo setup, so I will hopefully just connect onto 1 of those for the power supply.

Needs to be finished by Tuesday 6th latest....so guess what I'll be doing over the bank holiday!! :|

Fell lucky with the pipe then ;)
Don't forget, wherever you place the bottle, you need a gas escape hole also (sure you knew that) :D

Hi, Fantastic bus I was looking at your heater outlets as I may get round to fitting one - what i was interested was the exhaust and inlet are close together? I would have thought there was potential for the inlet to 'pick up' the exhaust fumes and re-circulate some of it? Might be interesting to see what the suppliers good practice guide on this was - just a thought and tell me to mind my own business.

To be honest I have exactly the same concerns, they do seem a little close together. One thing I have made sure is that the exhaust outlet is furthest to the rear of the bus, so when travelling it dispurses gases away from the intake. Apart from that I can only presume the design is adequate.

Nice work you'll appreciate the central heating in the evenings!

Just a thought on the intake/exhaust for the unit, why not leave the intake just mounted underneath the bus out of sight?

Obviously the exhaust fumes need to be piped clear from the bus but as long as the intake is facing backwards I would have thought it could be there. As I say just a thought.

mike202 said:

Just a thought on the intake/exhaust for the unit, why not leave the intake just mounted underneath the bus out of sight?

Obviously the exhaust fumes need to be piped clear from the bus but as long as the intake is facing backwards I would have thought it could be there. As I say just a thought.

That sounds like a good idea :rofl:

mike202 said:

I will see how it runs with this bracket, and adjust if needed......Good thinking tho Mike

Hi Jon,

Can quite understand why you think recycling may occur, being a qualified engineer myself I thought the same when I first saw the terminal. However the fact is that it doesn’t, and the terminal is wind tested and CE approved to current standards. The heaters do run with quite high levels of combustion air, so when the flue pipe is open at the end products of combustion are propelled a reasonable distance out into the atmosphere. Our heaters are manufactured by Whale in Northern Ireland, and they have their own BSI approved wind machine which allows them to experiment with many types and designs of flue terminal.

Kind regards,

David.

Hi Guys and Doll's

Above is a copy of the email received in reply to my question on cross contamination of these flue exits for the propex heaters. My email was sent to the head office at Propex. Well there you have it in black and white , it is safe so they say.
Thought you might be interested.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts