• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1967 westfalia SOLD SOLD SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stue116

Reaction score
Sold sold sold
Thanks

I have for sale one of the earliest vw bay westys in the country/Europe this was manufactured in November 1967 the same year the split screen ended in the summer of 67! So bare this in mind comparing to others if your after the holy grail of lowlites, I have a birth certificate for it.

Manufactured in November 1967 and registered in 1968 in the USA.Vw bay window WESTFALIA POPTOP lowlite model camper

The previous owner did state all the brakes had been gone through, and the 1600 engine was reconditioned 3 years prior to my purchase with just 6000 miles on it,you can still see new parts on the engine it's very tight and not a leaker, with new battery (still on warranty) just had service with engine oil change, gearbox oil change,

It has a full years MOT, and is ready to drive away.

There's some soft dents scratches etc and a bump to the nose on the body and welding needed underneath all areas pictured for you to see so please look through them thoroughly,it's had a new paint job in the past so it's not original on top and it's tired...(having said that I started to polish one side and it started to come up shinier ) a bit more love and elbow grease needed.

new spare wheel covers x 2 one black one white, (both temp fitted for photos)

regarding the roof it pops up , but has no canvas, but a brand new one is included in the sale.

I have included the both body plate pictures for you to search and do your own homework on the year manufactured and options list,this is the one year model only with different doors handles and the hump over the drivers dash side for you purists out there,and no fire guard behind engine,

The White tyres are all practically new and worth a chunk to buy,

The o.g Westy interior is in great condition with all new handles, the seats have been re-trimmed, stereo, great dashboard, curtains fitted, really comfortable large rocknroll bed. In the wardrobe has the original hanging rail etc, big interior light, loads of storage, original USA plug and meter under buddy seat, rear seat belts fitted,

It's all there and is a fantastic early project bus and future investment as these are going through the roof so this is perfect opportunity and worthy investment to do..

Again please be advised this is a project bus and will need work and fixing to make excellent again please examine the pictures in the photo bucket carefully to see what needs to be and also make the effort to come and inspect in person.

The bus has great character and is ready to use and go camping in, its really comfortable, and cruises no problem at a steady 70mph,

come and have a look if you wish any inspection welcome, its such a solid reliable great little bus, re-advertised on here as I wanted it to be registered and used straight away this coming camping season, and enjoyed straight away.

good luck, any questions please feel free to ask

thanks for looking.

Location is Hertfordshire so call to view 07824770197

I CAN OFFER DELIVERY AT YOUR EXSPENSE TO YOUR DOOR AS I HAVE A FRIEND THAT RUNS A VERY CHEAP RECOVERY SERVICE...IF YOU TAKE THIS UP THE BUS MUST BE FULLY PAID UP IN FULL

http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/stue116/library/red%20westy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi there , looks like a sound van for someone , but i cannot see a price ??

Latest posts