Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Foz

Been reading your thread, fantastic bus seems the lowering hasn't been totally straight forward but it looks the nuts :D

Think i might get to Volksworld show so will come and have a proper look

Woz

woz said:
Hi Foz

Been reading your thread, fantastic bus seems the lowering hasn't been totally straight forward but it looks the nuts :D

Think i might get to Volksworld show so will come and have a proper look

Woz

Cheers Woz, hope you make it buddy, definately come say hi!

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Getting there slowly but surely......
uqu2u4ut.jpg

nehy8enu.jpg

Latest pics from the bodyshop:

Almost there! fresh paint applied (looks like they've sprayed the whole side...bonus!! )
Now needs the final preparations. ..... flatting back and then mopping and buffing back to a top shine!

meqabada.jpg

5y2a6asy.jpg

atyse8ar.jpg

Hopefully finished for next weekend.

Received a phone call yesterday from one of the Volksworld team just to check im still coming and the bus will be ready. They didnt seem too impressed when I told them it's still in the paintshop :lol:

Looks amazing! very excited that you are getting to Volksworld after the dramas you've had along the way. I would have loved to got my bus to volksworld if I wasn't over here!!

out of interest, how come they removed the cab door handles but not the sliding door handle?

NaFe

Haveacamper said:
Looks amazing! very excited that you are getting to Volksworld after the dramas you've had along the way. I would have loved to got my bus to volksworld if I wasn't over here!!

out of interest, how come they removed the cab door handles but not the sliding door handle?

NaFe

Hi Nafe,

I have no idea as to why the sliding door handle has been left on, possibly they haven't sprayed the whole side afterall :?: so the handle maybe wasn't required to be removed :?
It was only in for some rear seam work and the odd patch here and there to be repaired, except for the non sliding door side panel, which was in for a full respray due to the original electric hook up being noticeably bodged with filler which was letting the side down, especially when caught in the right light, it looked bad! Hopefully that will be sorted now 8)

And thanks buddy for your kind words ;)

StuF said:
Looks great mate!

Would be scared to have such flawless paint!

8)

Dude it scares me too! :|
Especially as its being used quite a lot this year for some trips far and wide....I'm gonna be a man on edge!! :shock:

:lol:

Foz said:

Almost there! fresh paint applied (looks like they've sprayed the whole side...bonus!! )
Now needs the final preparations. ..... flatting back and then mopping and buffing back to a top shine!

meqabada.jpg

5y2a6asy.jpg

atyse8ar.jpg

Received a phone call yesterday from one of the Volksworld team just to check im still coming and the bus will be ready. They didnt seem too impressed when I told them it's still in the paintshop :lol:

They rang me 2 Foz!! My work list supposed to be getting shorter not longer, still down the workshop only a few things to go like MOT....nothing much then oh and brakes, swivel seat, fire system, bumpers, haven't really got time to write this !!!

Be good to see you bus without the hustle on the Friday, I'll be the one polishing crap out of my windscreen motor!!! Lol

Ben ;)

Foz said:
Hi Nafe,

I have no idea as to why the sliding door handle has been left on, possibly they haven't sprayed the whole side afterall :?: so the handle maybe wasn't required to be removed :?
It was only in for some rear seam work and the odd patch here and there to be repaired, except for the non sliding door side panel, which was in for a full respray due to the original electric hook up being noticeably bodged with filler which was letting the side down, especially when caught in the right light, it looked bad! Hopefully that will be sorted now 8)

And thanks buddy for your kind words ;)

not a biggy keeping the handle - possibly personal preference.

Foz said:
....I'm gonna be a man on edge!!
I'm like that with mine, but you can enjoy it all the same! I took mine for 3000mile trip around france and loved it!

Bay-low71 said:
Foz said:

meqabada.jpg

5y2a6asy.jpg

atyse8ar.jpg

They rang me 2 Foz!! My work list supposed to be getting shorter not longer, still down the workshop only a few things to go like MOT....nothing much then oh and brakes, swivel seat, fire system, bumpers, haven't really got time to write this !!!

Be good to see you bus without the hustle on the Friday, I'll be the one polishing crap out of my windscreen motor!!! Lol

Ben ;)

:lol: pmsl Ben that made me laff ( windscreen motor) :lol:
Hope our stands are close together. Like you say will be good to see ypur bus and the show on the friday before all the hustle. What time you aiming to arrive on the friday bro?

I'm planning on travelling down to Frimley Green in Surrey on Thursday to my mums a bit closer than South Wales. PM me you mobile number buddy, I'm fire you a text or give you a ring when leaving or close by... ;)

Pick up my baby tomorrow at 3pm. Its been a long 4 weeks without her, but hopefully worth it.

Gives me 5 days to wash, wax, polish and generally clean the hell out of her ready for Volksworld Show.

Latest pic:
Unveiling of fresh paintwork revealling a more crisp deeper shine than before.
ryre8y5a.jpg

I've had the rear roof rack ladders I purchased last year from Stamford Hall colour coded to the body too (half white, half green) not quite sure how that's going to look. It'll either look cool, or pretty shit. We shall see tomorrow!

So I collected Olive yesterday from the paintshop, and I wasn't disappointed! Its definitely more shiny than before, even tho she had a good shine prior to the touch ups.
No point in pics trying to show this tho, as firstly I haven't washed her and secondly, a pic wont really show much difference, even tho there clearly is in the flesh.

So the preparations for VolksWorld began in earnest, and today has been a good day. Managed to get the engine bay tidied up a little more, and fitted some crucial add ons.

Firstly new shiny exhaust:

Hangs a little low for my liking, but its specifically angled that way, so nothing I can really do about it.

Secondly my custom made 'England' badge:

Made by 'Cocos Kustoms' up in Scotland

Colour coded ladders:

Made a quick video of the air suspension on the front today for those who had requested previously.
Bear in mind it is the most basic of systems controls wise, with only 1 compressor and manual paddle switches to raise and lower, but it suits my needs for the time being. In the future I will upgrade to Electronic valves and switches with a larger compressor or add another compressor for faster filling of the tank. Takes approx. 30 secs to fill currently, but with the future planned rear air suspension, an upgrade is almost certainly required!

Video link:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151932301665936&l=9059517669972212619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 more days left to wash, wax, polish and clean the Bejasus out of her, ready for Fridays departure down South

Oh my goodness !
Foz , do u do this every year ? ( respray ) before the show season ?

It's well nice to have a freshen up with the paintwork but what an expense and amount of work!

I love your bus :D

Latest posts