My 1969 Devon - the EarlyBay.com inspiration!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking fantastic, where did you get the Dynamat from and was it expensive? I will be at the stage of insulating soon and need ideas like yours!

Matt

I bought the dynamat off a seller on eBay. It's quite pricey, I bought the big kit with 9 sheets for about £140 - so far used 2 boxes if it!. I did try some cheap stuff but it was crap!

A little bit of progress on the engine - nice new K&N's have gone on - should be going in sooooooon!!!!!!

Engine2.jpg

Engine1.jpg

Will change the breather so it feeds into the carbs.

Very smart looking engine 8)

Why do you want the breather going into the carbs??

Fitted the FireTech extinguisher at the weekend in readiness of the engine being installed. The original fireboards cleaned up nicely :)

FireTech2.jpg

FireTech1.jpg

Nice job with the Firetech 8)

Those are your original engine boards :shock:

Have to have another look at mine.

I'm assuming they are the OG boards, they had red paint on them from the previous spray-job, and that must be 10 years+

The boards certainly look OG as they were all perfectly cut and have an inch wide pressing all around the edge and are made from a hessian/matting type material.

I may be wrong as I know I've read on other threads of people having holes in theirs. So happy to be told otherwise.

Some great work going on there won't be long till it's On the road again :) an that's some fancy carb linkage kit not seen that setup before
Dave

Been very busy recently but most of it has been wiring so nothing that has justified an update with pictures. Today the engibe went in :D hasn't had one in for nearly a year :shock:

A couple of weekends ago I also re-made the board that goes in the cargo area (some free ply that my Devon roof cap go transpoted in :) ) fitted it last night - fitted first time - well happy.

EngineIn1.jpg

EngineIn2.jpg

Cargoarea2.jpg

Cargoarea1.jpg

So engine in and running pretty well, no MOT so can't get on the open road :cry:

Just finished off checking all the electrics, put mirrors on, seatbelts on - MOT booked for Saturday morning :shock:

Rear1.jpg

EngineBayFin2.jpg

EngineBayFin1.jpg

its looking fantastic.

afaik the original fireboards were perforated with 10p sized holes and had wrapped yellow fiber insulation behind.

Sat waiting for the mot result, for some reason I'm expecting a "failed" but most likely on some thing minor, but fingers crossed !

Woohoo - passed :)

Just a couple of advisories - bit of play in track rod and bit of play in 2 wheel bearings. I'm a happy boy :)

Matt_B said:
Woohoo - passed :)

Just a couple of advisories - bit of play in track rod and bit of play in 2 wheel bearings. I'm a happy boy :)

Sweet and great result :mrgreen:

Latest posts