My 1969 Devon - the EarlyBay.com inspiration!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
real nice work, personally id have painted the firewall dull grey or matched to the engine bay.
would make it look a lot cleaner, but thats just my view
keep up the good work fella ;)

Thaks for the replies - I'll see what the firewall looks like once the engine is in - just thought I'd try and add a splash of colour!

Anyway more pictures form yesterday.....

BodyPaint17.jpg

Splashed out and bought a heated front screen :shock:

BodyPaint18.jpg

Decided to put the original rear screen in, means I keep the OG Earlybay.com sticker!!

BodyPaint19.jpg

The inside of the sliding door looks great (its' the OG one :shock: )...

BodyPaint24.jpg

A few areas to touch up but Gary the painter has done a really good job :D

Well the van came home this week after his 6 month holiday! Paintwork looks great, just the mamoth job of putting everything back. The engine is being finished - a 1955cc stroker with 044 heads and twin 40 DCNF carbs - should pull nicely.

A few pictures of the interior - been busy with the Dynamat....

IntPanels1.jpg

IntPanels5.jpg

IntPanels4.jpg

IntPanels6.jpg

Hopefully the engine looks pretty stock...

1955Engine11.jpg

Not too much progress this week - although have got the front nearly finished - just the wipers and front bumper to go on:

Front1.jpg

I should have bought shares in Dynamat the amount I have used! I'm hoping it makes for a quieter ride....

Dynamat1.jpg

EngineBay1.jpg

EngineBay2.jpg

Looking very good dude 8)

Have you put the Dynamat in the engine bay? If so, will you be covering it with anything else??

Yep Dynamat in the engine bay, will be putting the original black mats/sheets back so it looks OG but with the added sound-proofing (hopefully!!)

Matt_B said:
Yep Dynamat in the engine bay, will be putting the original black mats/sheets back so it looks OG but with the added sound-proofing (hopefully!!)

Cool :msn4:

Blinking cold out there this weekend so only got the front bumper/mounts and number plate on, little steps - so long as he's running by next spring :D

Front2.jpg

Front4.jpg

Sorry no pictorial update as it was dark when we finished today - the cab doors now have the glass and opening quater lights fitted. The opening quarter lights were in the 2nd hand doors that I bought - so made sense to use them, although 1 of the ally bars had a big gouge in it, the other was a bit rough - luckily found someone to re-polish the pair for £20 - bargain! Must say - new rubber seals do make all the doors and windows harder to close. Maybe some pics tomorrow :D

Well done sir 8)
Oh, and no 'maybe some pictures tomorrow' - we need the pictures ;)

Latest posts