• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy - Firetec fire extinguishers for engine bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Graham, that is great! Thanks. We now hit the next discount point so the unit price goes DOWN to £112.70

OTHERS - PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE CONFIG YOU WANT ASAP

Graham L said:
Adam

1) Adamski - horizontal,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/O (green)
2) Graham L - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
3) Graham L - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
4) SuperDan
5) mjknight71
6) Doris - mounting horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/O switch set up please.
7) Cotswoldiver
8 ) Jacksoncaddy
9) RustyLee
10)Windsurfer
11) Hutch (not on earlybay, but a splitty owner mate of Adamski)
12) Graham L (Held in Stock) - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
13 Graham L (Held in Stock) - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)

1) Adamski - horizontal,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/O (green)
4) SuperDan
5) mjknight71
6) Doris - mounting horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/O switch set up please.
7) Cotswoldiver - horizontal under engine compartment,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
8 ) Jacksoncaddy
9) RustyLee
10)Windsurfer
11) Hutch (not on earlybay, but a splitty owner mate of Adamski)

Please update your requirements so I can place the order...
just waiting for 4 more.

cotswoldiver said:
1) Adamski - horizontal,AFFF, chaffe guard & N/O (green)
4) SuperDan - Upright AFFF.
5) mjknight71
7) Cotswoldiver - horizontal under engine compartment,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
8 ) Jacksoncaddy
9) RustyLee
10)Windsurfer
11) Hutch (not on earlybay, but a splitty owner mate of Adamski) - horizontal,AFFF, chaffe guard & N/O (green)

5) mjknight71
6) Doris - horizontal,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/O (green)
8 ) Jacksoncaddy
9) RustyLee
10)Windsurfer
11) Hutch (not on earlybay, but a splitty owner mate of Adamski) - horizontal,AFFF, chaffe guard & N/O (green)

Thanks for clearing that up Araon, tidied my order up as well....

Hi!

Can i put my name down please? BTW, how do i pay? Which option is the best to go for? Up? Down? Under roof? What are the pro's and cons of the different mountings? I wanna make sure i make the right choice!

5) mjknight71
8 ) Jacksoncaddy
9) RustyLee
10)Windsurfer
14 aogrady Under engine area roof please, with red light etc when gone off

Cheers!

Alistair

mate i never put my name on the list just said i was intrested.chap who is a dealer for firetec on the ssvc is doing a group buy now and last time he had over 30 units and got price right down so ill hold on and see how many he get sorry if its any trouble.

5) mjknight71
8 ) Jacksoncaddy
9) RustyLee
10)Windsurfer horizontal under engine compartment,AFFF,chaffe guard & N/C (Red)

What does everyone think about the SSVC Guy though? 30's a lot but I know some of you have gone to a lot of trouble to sort this out. With that in mind I'm happy to stick it out on here!

Cheers

Simon

Ok, back at 13. mjknight, jacksoncaddy update what you want so I can place the order.

Thanks

windsurfer said:
5) mjknight71
8 ) Jacksoncaddy

What does everyone think about the SSVC Guy though? 30's a lot but I know some of you have gone to a lot of trouble to sort this out. With that in mind I'm happy to stick it out on here!

Cheers

Simon

windsurfer said:
What does everyone think about the SSVC Guy though?

my original post directed you to his link :roll: (gone now as he is doing a group) £168 for AFFF and guard delivered to your door :? .....................................................

plain old AFFF for me please :mrgreen: .....can you explain the delivery etc.....not going VWorld...may be VanWest ;) ......

SSVC were more expensive the last couple of times too, I ordered the last two times on zero profit ( ah actually as I rounded them to the pound I think I got a pint out of it) but was unable to get them to your door now if he can/has managed to source a courrier to do it at a reasonable price then it means you get the extinguisher pretty damn quick....also I think he has a closer relationship with Firtec as he is also a preferred installer if memory serves me well.....so if its savings your after your aswell sticking here and farming them out at shows or passing on groups of extinguishers for others to pass on etc.... if you want it now or as soon as possible after the orders placed then SSVC.....

Oh and the £168 is his single order price delivered so thats not too bad still a saving over going direct to Firetec...

The price (£168) includes delivery basically to the volksworld show (or big bang as hutch is going to that, i can this year).
Fire exting's have to be sent out as hazardous material from Firetec now, so he won't send out separately.
I can send on from my place at cost if necessary.

I contacted the SSVC guy who will do another group buy this year, if people want to wait for that. I wanted to place the order today, but I sill only have 11.5 confirmations. SSVC guy is wanting to distribute at Standford hall.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so will be able to get it ordered tomorrow morning if we get agreement tonight from the 13 people. Otherwise it will have to wait until a week's time and we will miss the deadline for the Volksworld show for distribution in march.

mjknight71 said:
windsurfer said:

my original post directed you to his link :roll: (gone now as he is doing a group) £168 for AFFF and guard delivered to your door :? .....................................................

plain old AFFF for me please :mrgreen: .....can you explain the delivery etc.....not going VWorld...may be VanWest ;) ......

Hi Adam
Looks like we just missed the 13 needed last night, but thanks for trying to get this sorted by yesterday. Guess it will need to wait a week or two and hopefully someone else will add their name to nail that extra 10%. Trying to persuade a colleague at work to buy a set for their late bay!
Have a good break
David
adamski said:
The price (£168) includes delivery basically to the volksworld show (or big bang as hutch is going to that, i can this year).
Fire exting's have to be sent out as hazardous material from Firetec now, so he won't send out separately.
I can send on from my place at cost if necessary.

I contacted the SSVC guy who will do another group buy this year, if people want to wait for that. I wanted to place the order today, but I sill only have 11.5 confirmations. SSVC guy is wanting to distribute at Standford hall.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so will be able to get it ordered tomorrow morning if we get agreement tonight from the 13 people. Otherwise it will have to wait until a week's time and we will miss the deadline for the Volksworld show for distribution in march.

mjknight71 said:
windsurfer said:

Sorry for the late reply guys!

I'll have Horizontal AFFF, chaffe guard.

I don't really want a light as I have no idea how to wire it in. My electrical skills might well cause a fire, let alone prevent one :roll:

What's the deal with payment?

Adam's away now in the snow, and I don't know if he's got internet where he is.

As Adam said, anyone that misses this bulk buy can join in on the one on the SSVC forum that I'm running. Aim is to get them out for Stanford Hall / Victoria Farm distribution.

Cheers,

Jim

CraigB

That shouldn't be a problem, Adam is only away for a week (well less than that now) so please hang on until he gets back, add your name to list and what set up you want and post it up so its ready for when Adam is back.

I'd picked up 2 extra ones to ensure we get the next level of discount so you are more than welcome to take one of those,

I will take one of your spare ones off you if that's ok GrahmL.

I contacted the guy at Firetec yesterday and he seemed happy for me to pick up direct from him as I wasn't sure if I could have made the Volksworld show. It looks like this deadline has now passed anyway so if I can make one of the other shows great, if not hopefully I could pick it up direct.

Hope this would not be causing problems for Adamski when processing the order.

5) mjknight71 - AFFF
8 ) Jacksoncaddy - Horizontall, AFFF, Chaffe Guard
12) Craig B -
13) Graham L (Held in Stock) - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
14) aogrady Under engine area roof please, with red light etc when gone off

Mjknight71 can you confirm which Orientation
Craig B can you confirm Orientation, chaffe guard, switch options please, look back through this thread for the details,

If we can have all this sorted by the time Adam is back we can go ahead and place the order

GrahamL the orientation and extras on the unit you had ordered as a spare was good for me, I have amended below thanks :D

5) mjknight71 - AFFF
8 ) Jacksoncaddy - Horizontall, AFFF, Chaffe Guard
12) Craig B - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
13) Graham L (Held in Stock) - Upright AFFF, chaffe guard & N/C (Red)
14) aogrady Under engine area roof please, with red light etc when gone off

Latest posts