• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy - Firetec fire extinguishers for engine bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a thought, what do you all think about the heat bulb operated systems instead of the tube type? Much cheaper at £30 a bottle.

Graham L said:
Happy to help organise another group buy as I missed out last time as I was away from email for a few days and missed the cut off, I'll take Adam up on his offer and see what we can do and if we can get enough people to get full discount, I know last time Adam teamed up with the SSVC to get the numbers up,

I'll start another thread in the next couple of days as it will be easier and if people want to add their name to the list then I'll take it forward and our unit in the midlands can be a central distribution point.

Is everyone OK with that?

Sounds ok to me too but depends on the lead time on this buy as i would like to get my hands on one asap, as i know how these group buys can go, you can end up with them dragging on for a few months and then loads drop out (been there and got the t shirt when i organised some turbo hoses for a Passat turbo forum), not that i'm worried though as the bus has a brand new engine and gearbox and looks like a new firewall (hopefully tank too) so all hoses should be new too (hopefully, will check that out when the bus gets delivered)

I'm interested in one of these, i'm away in Canada with work until the end of October but my wife could organise the payment side.

ant said:
thinking about this now after watching that utube vid of that eb going up in flames.

Any feedback from any of you that have bought, installed or used (hope not) these?

Anyone interested in another group buy?

i've not got the time to organise the buy but very interested in getting one.

Feedback as requested;

I bought one recently via Adamski's group buy. It really was very quick and simple to fit as I didn't bother with any of the warning light options and struck with the basic set up. I fitted the bracket to the LH side of the engine bay hard up against he firewall, clipped in the bottle with the aid of 3 cable ties and then routed the hose around the top of the engine bay retaining it with more canle ties (from Screwfix) 30 minutes from start to finish for totalpiece of mind. I still carry around an extinguisher in the glove box but it really should be something everyone fits - go for it

Graham L said:
Happy to help organise another group buy as I missed out last time as I was away from email for a few days and missed the cut off, I'll take Adam up on his offer and see what we can do and if we can get enough people to get full discount, I know last time Adam teamed up with the SSVC to get the numbers up,

I'll start another thread in the next couple of days as it will be easier and if people want to add their name to the list then I'll take it forward and our unit in the midlands can be a central distribution point.

Is everyone OK with that?

Graham

is the new group buy going ahead as I've not seen a new listing unless I missed it?

If not I will go ahead and order one myself

Yes it is, sorry had to concentrate on some other things this week but have had a response back from Firetec and will get a new posting up in the next day or so, watch this space.

I am out now, Soz. As I am off on my travels next week I decided to buy sooner rather than later.

New thread now started here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17143&p=150328#p150328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts