• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy - Firetec fire extinguishers for engine bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im looking to get one and am def intrested who would the money be sent to and when will you be placeing the order.

I am to thinking about it, brother in law had a gas one fitted whats the difference, and whats the best to go for??

I know its a dumb question, but i got to ask it.

Cheers Rustyd.

I can't imagine gas would be much good in an engine bay? I'm hardly the expert though! :roll:

I imagine powder would be the moneyshot?

The gas in a bus really aint the way to go it dissapates too quickly the chance of reignition is increased owing to the huge fan and the airvents...

your better off with powder but remember this will require the bottle lifting out and shaking regularly as the powder compacts, or AFFF which is virtually fit and forget just a glance at the gauge whenever your heads in the engine bay....

Oh and remember when that powder goes off you and all your passengers will exit the van looking like windy miller ( a small price to pay I know)

Still going to pick your brains and memory cells on this if you don't mind but try to save you the hassle of cash collection and distribution! -
I know it may well be down to space, but is there a preferred/better site for the bottle ie on the engine bay 'roof' - and just what does chaffeguard do? and which material did you say was the best for fit & forget?
Thanks as always
David

Araon said:
£140 + vat @15% = £161 unit cost discounted 10% 144.90 , 20% 128.80 , 30% 112.70 , 40% 96.60

with Chaffegaurd @ £18 = £179 , 162.90 , 146.80 , 130.70 , 114.60
with switch @ £20 = £181 , 164.90 , 148.80 , 132.70 , 116.60
with both @ £38 = £199 , 182.90 , 166.80 , 150.70 , 134.60

£15 postage to be split across the total units

remember you cant just post these out so its a matter of passing them around at shows/through clubs and meets etc....

The horizontal and vertical bottles are the same and can only be mounted that way the roof bottle can actually be mounted wherever you wish its just a matter of the orientation of the pick up tube in the bottle in relation to the gauge. So if your not sure of fit then the roof fit is probably the way to go...

Now regarding whats best for you it really does come down to the individual van, wether you want to see the gauge as soon as you open the lid, leisure batteries, ebers etc....

the chaffegaurd is a stainless steel helix wrapped around the tubing, it helps protect against knocks and bangs when your weilding hand tools about.

the switch is normally open or normally closed, no wiring or lamp/led

I was planning to place an order and will be happy to manage a group buy. I waiting to hear back from someone who did this before to see how he managed it. This week is a bit of a busy week at work, so will not be able to get on the case until monday.

Collect the names ascertain what discount is involved collect everyones cash, send tim a quick email and he'll bang out an email invoice with breakdown of costs, send payment out and sit back wait for delivery...

then take along to relevant shows/meets etc....

usually he only deals with club officials, or rgister your details with him as a distributor or atleast thats how it was in 2007....

Latest update from Firetec today

Hi David,

We make equipment in batches which explains batch discount. Thus delivery dates are more or less independent of the quantity ordered. Orders received today are scheduled for dispatch in the week starting March 9th.

Incidentally don’t order 7 systems. With batch discount 8 systems work out at nearly the same price as 7 !!

Regards

Tim Malyon
adamski said:
Please post if you are interested in a group buy, need 3 minimum.

Discounts passed to VW clubs or associations: discounts apply only to the actual systems i.e. those costing £140 and up. Discounts are not offered on optional LED switches or Chafegard which are already sold at cost.
Re discounts: Discounts against single orders of 3 to 7 systems: 10%, 8 to 12 systems: 20%, 13 to 25 systems: 30%. > 25 systems: 40%

Hi there,
Count me in if we can get enough people to gain the maximum discount (I do like to live up to my tight Northern reputation after all :) )
Could you poss post it out for an extra cost as sadly I don't make many shows :oops:
Cheers
CP

Don't forget this.

Araon said:
£15 postage to be split across the total units

remember you cant just post these out so its a matter of passing them around at shows/through clubs and meets etc....

Ill take a fixed fire extinguisher.... I live in the United States, my shipping will be different? Does anyone know of a North American alternative or distributor?

Try here [email protected], they should be able to point you in the right direction, if all else fails they should be able to sort out a valve and tubing for you to fit to a bottle and have it charged locally...

Not a dumb question - I wanted to know as well. This is the reply from Tim this morning

Hi David:

if you want to do the best to save your camper, and are prepared to have to pull your engine out and replace wiring and put up with corrosion should the powder be accidentally or intentionally released ....... use powder.
if you want a pretty good chance of saving your camper (we have one VW camper owner's testimonial of one being saved by AFFF foam in 2008)., without hassle ..choose AFFF foam.
n.b. no gases are suitable for road vehicles.

regards

Tim

rustydiver said:
I am to thinking about it, brother in law had a gas one fitted whats the difference, and whats the best to go for??

I know its a dumb question, but i got to ask it.

Cheers Rustyd.

Like a couple of others, will have one if we can get the 40% discount.

How many now are interested?

Latest posts