Gadgets Speed Shop presents The Citrus Valley Campground Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just read this thread through - top work dude - well worth the effort!

Well done bud. Well worth all the effort - the best ever patina'd bus?

60322_469923223938_778658938_6485524_2930701_n.jpg

60130_469923183938_778658938_6485523_4619221_n.jpg

60354_469922808938_778658938_6485512_4153567_n.jpg

I think so.

I think you've even outdone the deluxe dry clean panel with this one.

we most definitely are not worthy! :worship:

Gadget Boy said:
[...]
DSC03046.jpg

[...]

Great job Gadjet Boy. This bus looks awsome ;)
I need to ask you this, since that's one of last areas I need to fix in my bus: you got that replacement panel from Alan Schofield. Can you tell me how much did you pay for it? :oops:
Is it for an earlybay or did you get one for a latebay and made some kind of changes to it?

I've tried to find it but I only found that replacement panels for latebays...
Thanks in advance :oops:

One word..............Perfection.

This is going in the bus you love but don't own thread from me.

sitting on my laptop...erm.....speechless....... :shock:

me an my bus are just going to shrink into a dark corner where no-one can see us....

how the feck are you gonna top this one?!? you are THE MAN!

btw.... for the record...i think you should put the sprints back on too!!!! :mrgreen:

Top job Deano, I cant believe the work and time that gone into this

I wish id gone to Vanfest now :lol:

look forward to seeing it in the metal

Hi ya joaonar

Im pretty sure the part fits all years of baywindow as the width of the engine lid doesnt change from 67 to 79 its only the height of the engine lid that changed after 1973 . Im sure its the same panel for the splitscreen too . If this doesnt help or you cant find it Let me know

So Offical measurement time...........

Front wheel arch lip to the floor is 454mm /17.87 inches
Rear wheel arch lip to the floor is 375mm/ 14.76 inches

The bus runs air shocks at the front only and these raise it 20mm so the above figures are the driving level figures , As in accordance with the rules :lol: ;)

Its a 1970 model with all original wheel arches , The front axle is a Slamwerks 5 inch narrowed front axle with flipped spindles and front tubs , the rear is three outer spines down and with the kick up on the Slamwerks adjustable spring plates its actually 4 splines :shock: ;) with some heavy rear notching :D

The wheels are Flat 4 Enkies and are fully polished, Im sure that these are the first ever set in Europe / USA ;)

Tyres are 165/50/R15 and rears are 175/65/R15

:lol:

Gadget Boy said:
Hi ya joaonar

Im pretty sure the part fits all years of baywindow as the width of the engine lid doesnt change from 67 to 79 its only the height of the engine lid that changed after 1973 . Im sure its the same panel for the splitscreen too . If this doesnt help or you cant find it Let me know

Thanks for your fast reply Gadjet Boy.
I went again to Justkampers site .....

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_2_bay/engine-lid-hinge-panel-rear-j14906.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....and realized that they don't have that part in stock... and as they say in the description: "Fits VW Type 2 1972 to 1979" :roll: .
I already sent an email to a english guy living here that's a local Justkampers distributor and he confirmed that info :roll:
I really need some help in getting that part... I've already asked for Andy's help (aka gninnam) for sending me a package to Portugal but I don't feel confortable enough to ask for his help again since he didn't want me to pay him for shipping the package to me :oops: 8) .
I've already sent some emails to Alan Schofield about a pair of rear corners but shipping was almost the same as both rear corners... very expensive!
I just need that part sent using regular postal service :roll:
Can you help?
I'm sorry for bothering you :oops:

:party0007: :party0007: :party0007: Outstanding dude truly amazing, the bus rocks like hell then rocks some more. We should get in touch soon dude get yourself up here :D

When I saw this bus at Vanfest I knew nothing of its history, I just thought 'fecking awesome bus' and having read the whole thread I'm speechless, truly amazing work dude and one incredible bus. :shock:

When Tim imported this, I loved it and hoped it would hit the road, but done well.
It disappeared and Id forgotten all about it, till I was sat at Vanfest and you drove by .... I was initially just chuffed to see it rolling, but then gobsmacked when I 'really' saw what had been done.

Probably my favourite bus to have been built this year. :)

Respect.

Thanks Clem ;) Tbh due to all the things that have happened over this Year I wasnt sure I was going to make it to any show this Year , Id missed Volksworld/Spa/then Action and I was determined to get it to Vanfest .

Ive been sorting some of the history and i had a good long chat to Tim Glover of http://www.roadhouseretro.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It appears that the bus was owned by the Campground up until/around 4/3/1988 . It had its last set of Tags ( I.e license tax to drive) in 1992 . Now Tim purchased the bus from a Porsche dealer in 2005, The dealer had purchased the bus for his father to restore /do something with when his father retired, But never did anything with it .Its beleived the bus was stored in a rundown garage/ outhouse with a leaky roof Hence the very poor condition of the roof gutters etc .

After looking over the bus for many months Ive found an old car dealership sticker on the bottom left of the rear hatch , Im going to place tracing paper over it and try and find the name and details of the sticker :mrgreen:

;)

Heres a link to the Citrus Valley Campground as its still going at teh same address and Yes fortunaly it still has Shuffle board and Horseshoes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.fl-camping-review.com/?n=citrus+valley+campground+%2f+elite+resorts+at+citrus+valley+inc.&id=409483&t=hotel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

awesome, and a killer stance. Well done Dean makes mine look like a 4x4 :lol:

Latest posts