Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziedog said:
Bud, what can I say. I won’t take the Micky though as it looks a painful one. Shouldn’t stop you dragging yourself around under that bus though should it?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, I’m on Pippas side (probably safer) :mrgreen:

Yeah a lot safer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Painful in the first two days but subsiding now to a dull ache. If Pippa goes out I will attempt to get to the garage without being seen
or found out for sure. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Oh no, just when things are getting a bit easier you have more troubles. Hope you are back to full health as soon as possible.

On a side note, I finally bought a Buttys Bits throttle kit after you speaking highly of them a few moons ago. Cracking bit of kit and easy to install.
Matt

who? said:
Oh no, just when things are getting a bit easier you have more troubles. Hope you are back to full health as soon as possible.

On a side note, I finally bought a Buttys Bits throttle kit after you speaking highly of them a few moons ago. Cracking bit of kit and easy to install.
Matt

Thanks man , yeah not great timing, that throttle kit is awesome stuff. Keep well.
Hopefully see you when the virus goes.

J & P

This is where Boris went this morning. As I sit here writing this I am f....cking seething. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I arrived in time , and because he has never done my bus before ,I said I would tell him whatever he needed to know.
I also mentioned that the bus is fairly old and would he be careful on the rollers please!!!
He failed it on an unplugged wire on the horn, and managed to stretch my handbrake cable to f.ck.
It was holding at 4 clicks NOW it takes 14. So angry.....Then managed to flatten the battery so I had to bump start off
the ramp.So all in all not a great day.Not going back.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have a great weekend all, you know where I will be. Stay Virus Free. BYE :roll: :lol:

J & P

You can tell that you’ve been under the weather, it looks like you’ve been sliding around that bus hiding from the wrath of PIPPA I’m guessing :shock: for sneaking out and working on the bus. You can see by how polished it now is. I won’t grass you up bud. Separately
EarlBays early in Sept at the air cooled doo dah ???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,Graham will give us the full S.P. Soon :mrgreen: .

Bus is looking nice and shiney. Not really part of the test though [emoji23]
I used a garage a few years ago and they towed it to my home 3 miles away even though it had at least a couple of gallons in said it ran out of petrol. Couldn’t get 1st or 2nd as they’d managed to shag the gear box as well. [emoji31][emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah looking nice and shiny! Sorry to hear about your MOT woes, this sort of thing annoys me so much I will only take mine to an air-cooled VW mechanic, preferably one who owns and runs beetles/busses themselves. Unfortunately they are getting fewer these days. I also think that allowing 40+ year-old vehicles to run around with no MOT is crazy. What's the reason behind this?

Mines in at he moment having an MOT it failed on track rod ends and pulling to the right under breaking (I knew about this though and had already asked him to look at it).

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

ozziedog said:
You can tell that you’ve been under the weather, it looks like you’ve been sliding around that bus hiding from the wrath of PIPPA I’m guessing :shock: for sneaking out and working on the bus. You can see by how polished it now is. I won’t grass you up bud. Separately
EarlBays early in Sept at the air cooled doo dah ???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,Graham will give us the full S.P. Soon :mrgreen: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: close Ozzie. Spotted something when logging on just now ,am going to have a look I see
Graham has made a comment in the events column. Thanks bud.

J & P

mike202 said:
Bus is looking nice and shiney. Not really part of the test though [emoji23]
I used a garage a few years ago and they towed it to my home 3 miles away even though it had at least a couple of gallons in said it ran out of petrol. Couldn’t get 1st or 2nd as they’d managed to shag the gear box as well. [emoji31][emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
fallingoffalot said:
Yeah looking nice and shiny! Sorry to hear about your MOT woes, this sort of thing annoys me so much I will only take mine to an air-cooled VW mechanic, preferably one who owns and runs beetles/busses themselves. Unfortunately they are getting fewer these days. I also think that allowing 40+ year-old vehicles to run around with no MOT is crazy. What's the reason behind this?

Mines in at he moment having an MOT it failed on track rod ends and pulling to the right under breaking (I knew about this though and had already asked him to look at it).

Thanks guys, :lol: :lol: shiny from far but far from shiny that's for sure. :lol: :lol:
For me an MOT is peace of mind and probably a good thing if the insurance company get's involved.
Unfortunately mechanics/testers that understand the classic car is capable vehicle, but cannot be treated like a modern car
are now so few and far between.
I think what worried me the most from the off was he said "Just remind me where reverse is" Downhill from there. :shock: :shock:

Anyway hopefully back up and running soon. Need to go camping with Bud and Stella. (Hey Oz ;) )

Take care all. Stay virus free
J & P

I think the main reason behind this mot malarkey is that as said above, modern garages just aren’t geared up for older vehicles and the mot mostly doesn’t apply to older vehicles and a lot of them modern mekniks are truly non conversant with older things and their particular nuances, it’s just not their bread and butter or what they work on day in day out. If you are anywhere near Bristol, get Nick at C J motors to sort your mot, he takes it to air cooled friendly places and lets you know whats what. Now as a meknik, this IS his bread and butter and he’s more aware of any particular nuances than most. Go to Bristol for the day, drop your bus off and get a bus into town and rustle up some retail therapy, have it booked in for the morning, get some lunch get your bus and cruise home.

Ozziedog',,,,,,,,,,use that KISS formula :mrgreen:

Thanks all for the comments.
As mentioned difficult to find a decent person that's In the know nowadays.

J & P

I can't remember where you're based, but if you can venture as far as Cheltenham then I'd recommend the guy I use. His bread and butter is MOTs, but he's also an air-cooled mechanic. Let me know if interested in the future.

I took mine a few weeks ago for a 'fake mot test' (I didnt want an MOT registered) as I knew it would fail on a couple of minor things anyway but wanted a baseline of where its at. I used a garage in Tewkesbury that has mechanics that drive their own classics and some have been working there for 40 years.

These days, if you find a good mechanic shop and not one thats full of kids who's mechanical knowledge is based on how to use Windows apps and play Roblox, its probably worth selling your house and moving closer to them.

I do MOTs so anyone in Worcester area . 44 bloody years now!!!! I hate modern cars, damn electric handbrakes , Mercs that go into park when you open door so you have to get some one to sit in with engine running so you can rotate rear wheels and other s**t like that.

We are becoming a nation of button pushers, if you have been on a 2 day course and received the appropriate meaningless bit of paper 'your qualified'! :sick0006:

Unfortunately I live down in Somerset.

Bit far to go for an MOT, however 67Panel my cousin lives in Worcester so just maybe I will bring Boris
to see you and incorporate a visit to my cousin. Hopefully this bloody virus will be done by then enough
to pop up there, and make a long weekend of it. You never know.
Bristol be my other choice that Ozzie uses , and like he said make a day of it.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

J & P

Got it, the mechanic asked to drive Boris to test the indicators and the horn :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I said I would fetch the car as only I drive it he looked most offended, not that I cared .
When asked to use the horn I gave it what for, :lol: :lol: :lol: he gave me a very disapproving look and then
I showed the indicators working . Suffice to say he then had no choice but to issue said document, prick. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: ALL LIGHTS COULD BE BRIGHTER,,,DUH!!!! :shock: :shock: :roll: they would be dim if you turn off the engine and
leave all the lights on and indicators etc.

So now to attempt to repair the handbrake and all will be well. Definitely think about doing the Bristol trip
next year if push comes to shove. Have a great weekend all. Stay virus free.

J & P

:bliss: Well done mate! , I reckon Boris would have passed 1st go anywhere else, tester sounds like a t*@t.
Well at least you know not to visit there again.

Another years fun in store! :D

L&S

Latest posts