Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saturday afternoon spent getting my 30/31 pict rebuilt and adjusted the Handbrake cables on Boris.
Sucess which allowed us to travel down to Seaton for the morning on Sunday to get some sea air.
Social distancing of course. Pippa very happy Boris is better and up and running.

Tickets :shock: :shock: :lol: I'm working on it promise. If I can't find a flat bed brake machine in my area
I will certainly take a day out and pop up to Bristol for an MOT.

Stay virus free people.

J & P
:D :D :D

So just wondering if any good folk out there have one of these portable toilets that they use for the bus?
They look kinda tough and will keep either in the bus or in the tent when away. Good for wild camping too.
Are they any good , they are more for fisherman/woman but hey space saving and all that.

Managed a trip out to Dartmoor/Fingle Bridge area for a walk , walk did not happen :( :(
BUT we did get to go out in the bus. :D :D :D

Lots of wind and a little rain no big problem, however the parking was a different story, seems everybody
had the same idea. As you can see we found a side gate somewhere and had our lunch watching a stream.
Oh and the traffic go by. :lol: :lol:

Have a good week folks and remember to stay virus free.

J & P

Escaped to the garage today to give some attention that was outstanding.
Service time for Boris , oil change and new plugs. General check up.

https://banks-nearme.com/

Hopefully get out tomorrow for a social distancing drive and maybe a picnic lunch.
Stay virus free everyone.

J & P

Fruits of some very vicious head scratching moments. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway I now have a spare carb, if needed.

Another trip out social distancing. After a service ran like a dream.

J & P

Looks lovely J,
I really like the pic with the sun falling on Boris under the trees,
We've not had quite as much sun up here but it's been dry(ish) :?
Great work and effort with the carb too, nice to have a spare ...! Unless you've got a 2.5" throttle body instead :lol:
Keep it coming bud!
Lx

lemur said:
Looks lovely J,
I really like the pic with the sun falling on Boris under the trees,
We've not had quite as much sun up here but it's been dry(ish) :?
Great work and effort with the carb too, nice to have a spare ...! Unless you've got a 2.5" throttle body instead :lol:
Keep it coming bud!
Lx
+1

Thanks for that , are you guys going to the camp out? Hope to see you there.
The sun has been a bonus in the year 2020. :lol: :lol:
Have not tried the carb , but will keep just in case. :lol: :lol:

J & P

We've no tickets for the camp out :( and to be honest we've not really been able to commit to any holidays/time off at work at all since March really...

That's not to say if the things aligned with my days off and some last minute tickets cropped up on here or whatever...

We've only been away in the bus twice this year thus far and the odd day trips/ using bus as a car.....So itching for some 'away time'!

L&S

Weekend at home and some work on Boris.
Installed some new LED lighting inside using the leisure battery instead of batteries.
Found some Stainless Steel lettering for Boris , a bit disappointed that it's not Volkswagen script :cry:
Well for the price I paid I will live with it. :lol:
One other thing does anyone know how many wires lead to the brake switches?
What I don't want to do is disturb anything before I have all the parts. 6 January 1971 build date.

Thanks all, have a good week and stay virus free.

J & P

Good job
Will check on the brake light situation - think it is 2 but will check

Hello all,
Hope everyone is well and safe.
Browsing the site we love to hate ....EBay.
I came across the seals or dividers , whatever you would like to call them. The two WHITE pieces of plastic between
the front bumper piece and side steps.
Supplied by Cool Air, unfortunately when they arrived they are far from white. :shock: :shock: :shock: Creamy Beige.
Any way I voiced my displeasure and was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from said company.

Unfortunately the supplier is at fault and can not supply white. Both attached pictures were taken on the day of delivery. Both taken with a clean sheet of paper and the Jiffy bag it arrived in.
This was used for a comparison. Unfortunately the supplier says that is all it comes in now, SO BE AWARE :( :( :(
if you buy these parts they don't come in white anymore.

This weekend Boris has ramp time and hopefully gas bottle install and a bunch of other bits.

Pictures are small sorry but you get the idea. Click to enlarge.
First pic is taken outside and second pic is taken inside to get the contrasts.
Hope this helps if you are contemplating buying.

:lol: :lol: Thanks Mike , I feel a lot better now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very productive day today.
Managed to book some ramp time at a friends garage. Grabbed a RIV Nut gun from work for the weekend and was able to
replace crappy screws for the front belly pan covering the pedals and also for the external Propex heater cover.
Greased up the front axle until it squished out the sides. :lol: :lol:
Finally managed to install the LPG bottle I bought a year ago and the only rust was from the belly pan not the body work. Very happy.

Completely knackered now so shower scotch and bed. :lol: :lol:
Have a good week all. Stay safe and virus free.

J & P

:lol: :lol: Thanks Mike , I feel a lot better now. :lol: :lol:

No problem! I notice on JK website the word 'white' doesn't appear in the description.

Nice work on the pedal pan, that was one of the most satisfying things I did, was replacing two or three different sizes of self tappers with M6 rivnuts and bolts all round :)

You must have some bad speed bumps around your way looking at the scrapes on it!

Keep getting barred from this website, no idea why.
Hoping Johnny will find a solution as it is becoming a pain.
Compose a detailed post and finally click the submit button , only to be told your barred. :evil: :evil:

So if this works , Mike the scuff marks are from the PO and I have not got round to refurbishing that cover yet.
Loads of internal work this winter so a bit slow on the updates.

Stay Virus Safe all.

J & P

WOW it worked , fingers crossed .

Latest posts