Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So first winter job , not complete but we had some slight movement. :)
Not much but any is better than none. Tried raising the front suspension. :D Might have gained an inch.
This will be proved when time comes to get Boris out the garage, he only just fits. :shock: :shock:
Will definitely need access to a ramp again for this in the future, the garage floor is not quite so easy.

Whilst under I managed to replace the plastic swimming pool hose for the correct one, on
the heater section that supplies warm air to the rear facing walk through floor vent. :D :D

More updates later. Have a good week all.

J & P
:D :D :D

:lol: :lol: Good ole Hoover.
Mine was white so stuck out like a sore thumb. Not great.
Don't know if it's perfect but it's black so looks better.

J & P

FINALLY.... Replaced my phone , upgraded and for the life of me could not manage photo's.
Pippa to the rescue once again :lol: :lol:
Happy New Year all who see this.

Got hold of a decent LED for the engine compartment from Santa.

T Shirts times 2 from Santa to keep me warm. :lol: :lol:

Now this was a welcome surprise (empty wallet) from Pippa for Xmas but I did say to her that there was nothing in it.
She turned to me and said the reason is because Boris has used it all. :lol: :lol:

Special THANKS to Johnny for the forum repair as the ad image to post is working like a charm.
Hoping for a run to Heyns Museum tomorrow depending on weather. Fingers crossed.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Managed a run out yesterday (Sunday) to the Heyns museum at Sparkford.

:shock: :shock: WOW was it busy and they had to close the main gate at about 10h30 due
to the sodden grass and a bunch of doppy f...ers ploughing up the fields and getting stuck
in the process.

Boris was the only Bay on site and there was 1 T25 panel, loads of different beetles.
Unfortunately most vehicles are the high tech stuff and most of them need a computer
degree to tune etc. I have nothing against them and they are beautiful to look at.

First 2 are of my personal favorites.

Took this as the passenger looked a little lonely. :lol: :lol:

Was a little chilly, not impressed with the photo but Pippa's absolute favorite and still longs for one.
She used to own one in SA, many moons ago. :lol: :lol:

Bye for now , have a good week all.

J & P

Some great goodies for that time of year when one gets older. :( :(
Nothing you can do about it, just enjoy the presents. :lol: :lol:
Some more essential tools :lol: :lol: and a T shirt. Proper VW merch this time and looks correct.
Calls for another I think. :msn4: :D :D . Managed today to deliver my steels x5 and gas tank for
sandblasting, getting things moving again.

J & P

Had to use the bus today,as needed to attend a job interview. :shock: :shock:
Problem was the weather what with lashing rain and gusting winds the trip across
the one section of the Somerset moors was fraught to say the least. Standing water and
vehicles oncoming not slowing down gets my goat. :evil: :evil:

Anyway got back so late from this that Boris did not get his usual bath before bedding down. :lol: :lol:
Still raining so will have to wait till the weekend. Any excuse will do when it comes to STUFF. :lol: :lol:
Enjoy the weekend.

J & P

IMG-20200118-110637.jpg

If you use the "hotlink for forums" link you get a larger pic, or use the "direct link" and add [ img ] pic you want to share [ /img ]

Some of your pics don't show but I get the gist ;)
Looks like he enjoyed bath time!

Well , I got the job and resigned from teaching Gas Engineers and am now working for a
heating company in the Research and Development Dept. WOW :shock: :shock:
A whole new ball game , daunting experience and am slowly getting into it.
They do say ''slowly catch a monkey''. Then along comes something totally different.
:shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: A virus just in time to scupper ones plans.
Fortunately the job I do now is essential as we will be supplying heating to the new hospitals etc.
I only joined on the first of March so technically would not qualify for anything :shock: :shock: but
my new boss said there is to much work so I am one of the lucky ones.
been a few ups and downs since the last posting but hey , that's life.

Got out to the garage yesterday and took the 30/31 pict 3 off Boris and replaced with the 34 pict 3 (original)
that i refurbished a while ago. Put everything back together and after a good few crank's.....
E Voila , fired into life and on warm up even sounded better than the old one, smoother.

No photo's to prove, the above but then spent today dismantling the 30/31 so I can refurbish and keep as a spare.

Well I hope this finds you lot all in good health, stay that way and hope to see you out there soon.
To all those key workers and delivery bod's and gal's, thank you for your services and be virus free.
NHS and the Essential Services we Love You.

J & P

Well done on the job bud. I appear to have landed on my feet a couple of years ago I started being a delivery driver for a large supermarket, not much danger of me being asked to stop home at the moment.

Ozziedog,,,,,, lots of overtime too. :mrgreen:

As above - good on the new job.
I'm still working but from home and not enjoying it - hate working from home, especially as I do not have a dedicated area to work in so camped up in the bedroom with 2 lots of monitors, keyboards and mice!!
Can't move in here so not fun.

Wife went in to work for the first time since the lockdown - she is a teaching assistant and they are taking it in turns to look after the children - only 1 child was in today in the age range she supports!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guy's.
Glad also to be in a position to be able to help the community. Hopefully all be over sooner rather than later Andy.

We hope you lot all stay virus free and don't forget to WASH YOUR HANDS after reading this. :lol: :lol:

Stay safe.
J & P

Yes I know it's a small photo again , but can't remember how to get to the large one again.
I know which line to pick but........... never mind I will spend this weekend perfecting the art.
We have reversed Boris out of the garage as far as we can and will be camping out tonight.
Sleepover in the bus , I know last weekend was for charity but we are doing it this weekend.
I am sure a donation to the NHS won't go amiss. I gather last weekend was for charity.
We are staying home washing our minds and being good.

Enjoy the vitamin D and hope you all stay virus free.

J & P

Latest posts