71 Early Bay, formerly know as 'SuperDry'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, yeah it's totally dry to the touch.

I put on with a micro-fibre cloth and took it off with another micro-fibre and polishing mop.

It's weird as some panels have come up really nice and others look like they've not been done.

The wax is just like any other car wax, but doesn't have any polymers in apparently......

If you're at Bristol Volksfest this weekend come and say hello, I'll be on the DBS/Kerbside stand.

Time to resurrect this thread.
I've got some jobs to get done on SuperDry and have set myself a deadline of getting it all done in time for VolksWorld.

I"m gonna get the existing engine out, drop the fuel tank and change the lines and filler pipe etc.

Going to make a start next weekend. I was going to start tomorrow, but I've got a funeral to go to on Tuesday and my T5 decided to split it's intercooler today so I can't take that now…..

Might have a few bits and bobs up for sale soon too.

Watch this space.

In the meantime, here's another pic for SuperDry fans! :lol:

Thanks……….not a patch on many of the buses on here but I quite like the old girl

Aside from getting her out in to the sunshine this morning I didn't get a huge amount done.
I looked out the og deluxe trim I've had for a while though

It as bit of a pain as the guy I'd bought it off at a swap meet had written the price on in marker, and I didn't want to lose any of the patina.

Chopped the old rock hard rubbers off and got the ink off, I"m sure it will oxidise up again quickly enough.

Started this morning like this;-

Swapped the bumper over for another one I had, without the over-riders

Then added the Deluxe trim

Final Shot

Thanks Guys.
It's the rear bumper next.
I think I'm going to farm out the fitting of the belt line trim to ensure it's all drilled straight with proper protection in place for each hole.

I went to look at doing the rear bumper after work but realised I'd run out of large pop rivets so jumped on Flea-Bay and bought some more.
I also accidentally bought one of Butty's Throttle kits.... :D

Got the arse end sorted this weekend.

Started off with the arse end up in the air.

Off came the rear over-riders.

And on went the trim and the new rubbers.

I then dropped the van off at the local Bay-friendly MOT station for the annual test. Should get it back tomorrow night, ready for the DBS Mid Month Cruise out.....

Latest posts