71 Early Bay, formerly know as 'SuperDry'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr scoops

Reaction score
Thought it was about time I got some pics and a thread up.

AF4C523B-865C-4863-95A9-9931D2C74800-26443-0000105BB9C61BC7_zpsaf6ffca0.jpg

403993_3649520915186_1957240264_n_zpsfdbb001b.jpg

2a41f448-1_zps514c1696.jpg

949968a3e1d32e285390e2566ff5b175.jpg

869C6341-FFE5-4DA5-A3E7-9ACCCEAC699F-1717-000000B8A9B37551.jpg

d1ca4188.jpg

4550f011.jpg

6b644a50.jpg

7748c33d.jpg

1c6c48f5.jpg

b5c7e976.jpg

a4396748.jpg

1600 twinport engine, fitted with Pertronix dizzy, twin 34 ICTs, Bugpack Oil breather and Vintage Speed exhaust.
Notched chassis front and rear, 4" narrowed K/LP beam, dropped spindles and 944 NA discs.
Adjustable spring plates
Running JGE Kosmics.
Full width rock n roll bed, split charge system.
Bluebird Buddy seats and tv seat housing leisure battery and electrics
Autometer tacho, CSP shifter.

Built my T2D and featured in VolksWorld Camper & Bus.

Very nice, love the stance and the interior is spot on keeping a classic look. Every time I see a set of kosmics on an EB I want to trade in my stocks!
Lovely 8)

Cheers for the comments chaps.
I'd like to go lower but need juice or air to be able to get in and out of the drive if I drop it any more.
I like the wheels, but was a bit gutted the tuck isn't as good as the Flat4 4.5j Fuchs it was running when I got it.
The good thing is the Mrs and kids love it too..... that's the biggest battle won!

I want the weather to warm up so I can get out and fit new pushrod tubes, get the valve gaps reset, fit the electric fuel pump, filter and regulator, and the relay board to take the 'pressure' off the ignition switch.
I've also got a sub and an amp to fit, blank off the fuel pump and fit the worry gauges.
The bumpers have got to come off so I can ditch the over riders and get the ratty deluxe trim on the bumpers as well as fit the belt-line trim.
After last weekend I now also have a new pair of deluxe windows to fit after wire wheeling the rust bubbles and treating them in the middle side window.
I'm on the look out for a very low wattage bulb for my door mounted spot and then wire it in to my side-lights.
I've decided to get a quote to find out about farming out my engine build, as with the best will in the world, and as much as I'd like to do it, I know I ain't ever going to get round to it on my own.

With Bristol Volksfest looming I thought I should start getting ready. A little bit at a time is the way forward, and so I decided to give the old girl the first wash she's had for 18 months.

I then remembered the Patina Wax I picked up from T2D at VoWo

I gave the front panel a very quick rub over to see how it came out. It'll need doing again properly, but I'm pleased with it, brings out the colour well and gives a nice satin sheen.

The front section of the roof came out ok too

Here's the difference.....

dude, how are you getting on with the patina wax?

t2d have kinda thrown it out there without really giving much info, I asked for info and never recieved a reply , and at 30 quid a tin I wouldn't just pay out for the brand.

absolutely loving your bus, jealous face here.

whats the ride like with notched chassis?

cheers.

Lee

Hey Buddy, I had a proper chat with Paul about it at Sandown Park, where he used it on on a heavily patina'ed radio Flyer.
It is all natural, and has no chalks or polymers in there so you don't get that horrible white dust.
It's bought my paint out as a nice deep colour, but doesn't put too much shine on it.
As it's a wax and not a polish I"m not losing the patina from my paint work.

The ride is pretty good in there. I love it, as do my kids!

Always loved your bus dude.
How have you attached your skim board table to the wall btw.ive got one but I'm trying to find a nice clean and simple idea.:/

I've got a couple of clips, put it in at 45 degrees and pivot down.

I've gotta get the board sanded down and a custom paint job put on it.

Done a bit more this afternoon.....
null_zpse1a7b0b6.jpg

null_zpsa76e4157.jpg

Well there's no going back now.
Spent another 3.5 hours this afternoon finishing off the Patina Waxing.
I hope I've done the right thing.

Really nice bus.
I use Ankor on my patina but it does leave a waxy/greasy coating. How does the T2D version fair. Is it dry to the touch? How did yo apply it?

Latest posts