Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foz

Reaction score
'Project Olive' has now been taken over by myself, and i'll be posting up any new work done in here in the future.
A big thank you to Tiki-al for getting Olive to her present state and condition.

Below...some photos of Olive from the not so distant past to her present day, prior to garaging her for the winter months ahead....

68161361133025807027875.jpg

dsc0561o.jpg

dsc0490gy.jpg

dsc0511q.jpg

dsc0502k.jpg

dsc0549a.jpg

dsc0092cn.jpg

dsc0093ky.jpg

dsc0083sq.jpg

dsc0084pl.jpg

dsc0085nm.jpg

dsc0086cw.jpg

Any opinions/comments/suggestions are welcome!
cheers,
Foz

Snow finally gone, so i decided to treat Olive to a wash and wax polish after a 3 month winter hibernation!

39379110150494547110936.jpg

She's already attracting the pussy! :lol:

40750510150494558920936.jpg

Twin carbs, Firetec system, Vehicle Tracker and more additions to the interior planned to be fitted for late spring/early summer 2012......

Shows booked so far this year:

1. Bus Types 21-22nd April
2. All types 19-20th May
3. DubMania 2-3rd June
4. Camperjam 6-8th July
5. NWVW Tatton Park 5th August
6. VW Festival Harewood House 17-19th August
7. Blackpool Breeze 14-16th september

Can't wait!! :mrgreen:

Been a while since I've updated anything on here......

Finally got round to fitting my Firetec system:
Excuse the crappy Phone pic.....
20120519214942k.jpg

Added a couple of chrome bits, to bling up the engine bay a little:
more chrome bits ordered and willl be fitted shortly.
but for now:
Chrome alternator stand, chrome oil filler cap, chrome Crank pulley, chrome alternator pulley, chrome mesh fan belt guard:
20120519214925.jpg

20120519214959.jpg

I've also finally replaced the surf table which was unexpectedly withheld from the sale of the bus when i bought it last year.....
20120604134210.jpg

20120604134227.jpg

I used a household work surface chromed leg. I tried to find a tripod leg, but to no avail!!
Glued a piece of MDF to the bottom of the table, then screwed the leg fitment to the MDF rather than the table itself:

20120604134405.jpg

The leg unscrews from the base, and with the clips i have used to secure the table to the van, I can unslot the table and store it away safely when not needed.
20120604134253.jpg

20120604134302.jpg

I feel the clips on the inner skin of the bus dont ruin the look of the interior too much when the table is not in place, so I am happy with the outcome of it all.
20120604134320.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Lovely van Foz, really nice. Even the bling in the engine bay is not too OTT. :D

I am intrigued by the way you have fastened the table to the inner wall; very neat.

Do you find the table to be a bit high though?

Delilahtoo said:
Lovely van Foz, really nice. Even the bling in the engine bay is not too OTT. :D

I am intrigued by the way you have fastened the table to the inner wall; very neat.

Do you find the table to be a bit high though?

The 2 little prongs fitted to the underside of the table slot behind the thin clasps that are situated on the inner wall. The table then rests on the leg.
Its very stable considering. 3 points of contact is the fundamental rule.
The only way it can tip over is if you were to kick the leg from underneath it, or lean hard on one side of the table, otherwise it is perfectly useable and sturdy.
As for the height it is perfect for us :D

Cleaned and Re-Waterproofed the canvas pop top yesterday, whilst the weather was dry.
Used an awning cleaner, then wet guard spray, as the canvas appeared to get very wet the other weekend at Dubs Mania. I guess the real test will be this weekend at Bus Stopover, where once again it looks set to be a wet one!
Hopefully i will be watertight!

....Feel the love!

Managed to finally find the time to fit my CGMart vehicle tracker yesterday, in between downpours!
Must say i feel a whole lot better now I've got that sorted!
Works a treat too! :smile:

....Feel the stalker in me!

VanillaBear said:
Stunning bus. Love the dashboard.

Thanks mate. The previous owner did have attention to detail, and done a cracking job on her!

....Feel the love!

Won a little something at VW Action-Uttoxeter

'TOP 10 AIRCOOLED'
d4b78022-2cca-3e26.jpg

The Following week took a trip over to the Isle of Wight for V-Dub Island Festival for 5 days. Didn't enter into any part of the show due to personal circumstances, but some awesome buses there! Really enjoyed it.
My 1st long haul trip in Olive since owning her, and happy to say no breakdowns! :smile:

d4b78022-2e64-e5a5.jpg

d4b78022-2e8a-81ee.jpg

d4b78022-2ea0-a932.jpg

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

So in the new year (if the world hasn't ended by then) Im planning on upgrading Olive to air Suspension. I know this appears to be frowned upon by most, but hey its my bus, and as i fully intend to use her as much as i can, practicability was a major factor in taking this decision.

I've asked around the usual suspects for quotes on a full system, supply only, and full fitting, with varying results in price and opinion.

If anyone has already gone down this route, and can offer some sensible/worthy advice, or useful contacts for whom i could offer my custom, it would be much appreciated.

Hey foz, your table looks well tidy, can I ask where you got the clips from to secure it to the van?
Looking forward to seeing the new lows!

Foz said:
So in the new year (if the world hasn't ended by then) Im planning on upgrading Olive to air Suspension. I know this appears to be frowned upon by most, but hey its my bus, and as i fully intend to use her as much as i can, practicability was a major factor in taking this decision.

I've asked around the usual suspects for quotes on a full system, supply only, and full fitting, with varying results in price and opinion.

If anyone has already gone down this route, and can offer some sensible/worthy advice, or useful contacts for whom i could offer my custom,

Low is the way to go. You could also try the fluid displacement system that John on here runs. If you want lowering done in my view there are three people to speak to and in no particular order Slamwerks,Evil Bens,Matt Balls

Pete

krusty said:
Hey foz, your table looks well tidy, can I ask where you got the clips from to secure it to the van?
Looking forward to seeing the new lows!

Cheers krusty, i got the clips from my local sawmills. i should imagine any ironMongers or builders merchants would supply the same, or very similar.
Failing that, if you require some, i can get them for you and post out.

Latest posts