Water leak

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David.a

Reaction score
My camper seams have a horrendous water leak coming in from the vent at the front and leaks water onto the passenger side floor (o/s) Lhd model. Anyone have similar leak at any point?
Thanks David

I think that there's supposed to be a drain tube to dump the water under the bus.

I have a minor leak in a similar place and I've found mine to be the washer jet nozzle it makes it look like it is coming from the vent but isn't. I have a brand new windscreen rubber fitted but if you do not I would suggest starting with that as I think corrosion under the window rubber is the most common cause of big leaks in that area. then look at wiper, washer jet and aerial seals. Then finally air box behind the grill on the front.

Not sure if that is any help to you but that is what I did when I found a leak in the same place.

I also have a leak from what a think is the n/s washer jet ... I fitted new aftermarket jets which i wasn't overly impressed with, I've had all new seals fitted and a new front panel during my restoration, so I doubt it's coming in there ... Van's away for Upholstery right now, so i'll be finding the cause when it returns.

The pics in this thread are handy for the Vent drain tube ... mine was split when the van was stripped down so I replaced it with some 25mm flexible conduit/copex

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have the same problem. Took apart my washer bottle and hose set up to clean whilst restoring. Put it all back together and tested to find it leaking at the switch where the hose connects and it seems like there is a permanent small like from behind the jets. It's like a constant really small dribble when the bottle is pressurised. Don't know if it's the hose or whether I've connected it the right way around at the switch. Going to hopefully solve this today!

I held the hose at all the parts on the front starting from the lowest and working my way up. When I got to the front vent it came pouring in. It was restored last year and the metal looks good. Must be the drain pipe. Where do I get access from inside or outside ?

Latest posts