VW Elemental 10th April 2010 - Essex-Cruise to the show

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys... I'm currently looking at prebookings from:

THE LATE BAY
Mk4 golf owners club
Mk1 Golf owners club
Splitterz VW club
Renegade VW
Essex Vee Dubbers
Der Panzer Paint Scrapers
and a couple of others that have slipped my mind right now.

There is however a total absence of bookings from earlybay.com.... like big fat zero!

Do you guys want a display space or are you happy just to to meet up the field in general display?

Prebooking closes end of March

You've sussed us out - we are an informal group and not organised like other groups who'd say they were clubs. No-one is in charge and so cannot call the shots.

I'd be happy to send money by paypal but normally prefer to pay on the day rather than print, fill in, put in envelope, find stamp and walk to the postbox which prebooking involves.

I suppose in the end if you want us to show up maybe you could allocate a space and fill it first come first served with earlybayers.

That's fair enough if you don't organise in that way, although you do organise in that way for Brighton Breeze among others where I have seen a formal earlybay lineup in the past hence the question.

Last year I left a space for a club on the promise they'd turn up in numbers and they just didn't, if you were there I'm sure you saw the huge gap in the middle of the clubs display area.

Based on that experience simply if anyone wants a display spot for a club (or group) I don't think its unreasonable to ask for at laast one or two to show willing because I am not having big gaps again this time around.

Its an invitation, you don't have to accept it, although I fail to understand why you feel the need to be so defmatory about the booking process simple because it doesn't favour the lackadaisical.

I turned up last year and got directed to the side of the show field, nowhere near the early bay area! :shock:

Wonder where I'll end up this year? :lol:

Technohippy said:
Its an invitation, you don't have to accept it, although I fail to understand why you feel the need to be so defmatory about the booking process simple because it doesn't favour the lackadaisical.

I was merely saying that prebooking takes a lot of effort in the way you have set it out, if you asked for paypal payments you'd probably get loads from us.

count us in! :D

just been reading through this thred..humm Thinking paypal would be great as i cant down the booking form!

If anyone else has this problem how are we spose to pre pay for a spot?

Is there an actual earlybay club? if not y not.. if so where do we join??

Cheers guys.

There's no official paid up earlybay club because this anarchic site works so well! It was discussed a while back and the consensus was that it works and doesn't need formalising. Obviously there are some drawbacks but generally we get our lineups sorted amicably and add a lot to the shows who host us.

Maybe we should start charging! How much for a quality 10strong earlybay lineup do you reckon?!!

Mike F said:
There's no official paid up earlybay club because this anarchic site works so well! It was discussed a while back and the consensus was that it works and doesn't need formalising. Obviously there are some drawbacks but generally we get our lineups sorted amicably and add a lot to the shows who host us.

Maybe we should start charging! How much for a quality 10strong earlybay lineup do you reckon?!!

PRICELESS MIKE 8) 8) 8) 8)

right guys... is anyone going? meeting up for the cruise? or boycoting due to the orgainses being a bit off? pls let me know? its the differece between gong and not lol

I'm going, don't think there's any reason to boycott it over a difference of opinion. :lol:

I'm not boycotting the show, just not going.

Sorry slammed but they got my goat. We're a relaxed bunch on here and I for one don't like being lambasted by Technohippy for simply saying I don't like how much effort their way of pre-booking takes and that I'd rather turn up and pay on the day or use paypal.

If ten of us turn up in line what's the problem with us lining up together in the show?

Mike F said:
Sorry slammed but they got my goat. We're a relaxed bunch on here and I for one don't like being lambasted by Technohippy for simply saying I don't like how much effort their way of pre-booking takes and that I'd rather turn up and pay on the day or use paypal.

No need apologise, I don't care, I never pre-book shows anyway in case I break down and don't make it! :lol:

Latest posts