Stolen van blues...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeezus I'm so gutted.......I do hope its found & returned 'cos no cheque will replace what that bus meant to you....

dubdubz said:
shit thats bad...seriously our buses are surely easily spotted and identifiable...where the shit are they going??

:cry:
a lot would go for parts i would imagine?

:evil: this has got to be profesionals this is not youre joyriding chav because theyd turn up again there was a spaite of thefts around north london about 8 months ago and there not stealing galloping bog monsters its all decent vans which has to be parts but the big question is are they stripping them here or getting them abroad and stripping them and ive not seen any cheap parts knocking about...so are they ringing them its easly done how many half done resto.s are out there ...if youre thinking of buying a van and youre new too the scene please be carefull and make sure its a geniune van ive seen a good few vans with plates that dont correspond with the fittings ..to the untrained eye they all look the same but to those of us who know they look really odd ..and if by some fluke of nature youre reading this and you know whos taking these vans ...do the decent thing and stop them ..there destroying peoples lives and if youve got an ounce of morale fibre in you..you know thats wrong...[now this message is not intended for the members of this forum ..its for the low life scum that are doing this and trawling through here to see what they can pick up] if you see someone moochin round youre van you know what to do... :axechase: mike.f im truly sorry to hear that youre vans been stolen goes without saying eyes wide open in lancashire and putting the word out...

So sorry to hear this mate.
Why do these scum think they can f£$K with other peoples property,
it really pisses me off.
I`ll keep an eye out in sussex.
Paul

Word spreads! The bloke at check in on the tunnel just now mentioned it to me!

Five minutes in a room with victim, bat and theiving cunt is the least this government should do to deal with the parasitic bastards!!

How about having a get together with the organisers of the next few big VW events and the local police and put together a spot check on vehicles? I dont think for one minute a genuine VW owner would have an issue with proactive policing to protect our pride and joy??

i was hoping that good news would have come for you by now :( . fingers crossed for a bad car ringer as it would be easier to reclaim. it is imposible to ring one of these and it not get spotted as we al know every inch of our buses. figners crossed mate :)

bertiethebus said:
Five minutes in a room with victim, bat and theiving cunt is the least this government should do to deal with the parasitic bastards!!

How about having a get together with the organisers of the next few big VW events and the local police and put together a spot check on vehicles? I dont think for one minute a genuine VW owner would have an issue with proactive policing to protect our pride and joy??
that would be a good idea, it would show that were doing something proactive to find these vehicles, and you wouldnt need to check every vehicle, there would be little point in checking long term owners of recognised vehicles. but im sure with the aid of the p.n.c, the police could draw up a list of vehicles, that they would want to check. ie those purchased within the last 12 months. im sure one police car with a,n,p,r at the entrance would suffice...and if we were lucky enough to catch one of the donkey burgaling ,two bob ,thieving,toe rags then we could detain them in a room containing.....victim,various bats & thieving c*%t.... :stonehim: hell. that event would be more popular than the show and shine... :lol:

gee said:
bertiethebus said:

that would be a good idea, it would show that were doing something proactive to find these vehicles, and you wouldnt need to check every vehicle, there would be little point in checking long term owners of recognised vehicles. but im sure with the aid of the p.n.c, the police could draw up a list of vehicles, that they would want to check. ie those purchased within the last 12 months. im sure one police car with a,n,p,r at the entrance would suffice...and if we were lucky enough to catch one of the donkey burgaling ,two bob ,thieving,toe rags then we could detain them in a room containing.....victim,various bats & thieving c*%t.... :stonehim: hell. that event would be more popular than the show and shine... :lol:
This is something ive put some thought into lately and as i work for the highways agency based in durham im gonna look into some of our local events over the next 12 months and see if i can get some heads together with the three local forces and event organisers, will keep you all posted!

gee said:
bertiethebus said:

This is something ive put some thought into lately and as i work for the highways agency based in durham im gonna look into some of our local events over the next 12 months and see if i can get some heads together with the three local forces and event organisers, will keep you all posted!

nice one bertie, keep us posted, at the very least it would put another hurdle out for the scumbags ..you could probaly add some sort of sign [warning..STOLEN vw parts are being checked for at this event] i know that may be difficult to check, but it may put the toe rags on the backfoot, and raise awerness to people that attend these events, longing for a van, but not up to date with whats going on. sort of day trippers and families, who like the vw,s. if you know what i mean.... :mrgreen:

gee said:
nice one bertie, keep us posted, at the very least it would put another hurdle out for the scumbags ..you could probaly add some sort of sign [warning..STOLEN vw parts are being checked for at this event] i know that may be difficult to check, but it may put the toe rags on the backfoot, and raise awerness to people that attend these events, longing for a van, but not up to date with whats going on. sort of day trippers and families, who like the vw,s. if you know what i mean.... :mrgreen:

The sign may give the scum prior warning and they could sneak off unoticed, i think no warning the element of surprise maybe a better option ( this is not meant to sound like i'm disregarding what you have said ;) )

Thank you all again for your kind words. It's been a difficult couple of days as I was back where I last took the van (as some of you know I am a volunteer on the Corris Railway in Wales). Not only did I camp on the pitch next to the one just two weeks agao but I'd parked for three nights by the shed. Every time the train came back to the shed I'd always look and think how good the van looked, how proud I was owning it etc etc. I am not normally one to check my phone but I was looking to see if I'd had a 'found' message every hour. No such luck!

I've been thinking about writing down about my time with the van, maybe as a magazine feature or maybe even a book. I've got so many pics, stories and memories...

Anyway how about this...

vanbitcopy.jpg

... found on the road outside. Is it VW? Part of my lock maybe?

Shows: I like the idea of making vans like this so hot they can't be missed at shows. I was thinking of contacting the organisors at Vanfest with details, maybe this and other stolen vans could be listed and enclosed with the pack? I'll be walking up and down at the Breeze looking for a tintop Devon. I am confident that the van has so many unique features that if it was ringed and sent out as another van then it'd be spotted.

As yet the Old Bill don't really know what it is like, what features it has etc. I'm not holding mmy breath but when they call round I'll be able to say 'this is what I have done, this is what my family and mates have done now what have you done?'

Cheers!

:( i really feel for you pal, but if it helps ,i went to a german classic car show at wigan on the weekend ,and most of the vw van owners already new of your van being taken ,wich sort of proves youve got national coverage on this. and the word is spreading ... doing our best to keep the pressure on pal. keep your chin up, and hopefully well catch the f*!%*"rs... :shock: eyes peeled..

Really hope a 'found' message does come through on your phone soon Mike. Don't think I've ever seen the news on a stolen bus spread so fast throughout a range of forums and other social sites. I've posted details on Detailing World forum as the people on there are just as fanatical about the care and attention they give to their pride and joys and will hate this as much as we do

Hope all new viewers open up the Stolen Sticky on the For Sale Section

Dude, am seriously gutted for you, we all think it can't happen to us and it's really sad to then realise no one is safe from theft. I really hope that you get your bus back fella!

Latest posts