Re: 71 Ex-Danbury, the home straight.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• red

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • white

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • beige

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • blue

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • other...

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
C&C had some custom today (see what i did there), many bendy and shiny things to be turning up some time this week.
woop.

on another note, anyone here got templates for door cards. i can get ply for nothing, well my dad can... and my stepmum is doing my upholstery, she makes posh tailored suits for a living so a bit of a sideline could be good. we shall see how it goes and who knows there might be a mini business there.
But i need templates to cut out ply. someone help, pretty pretty please.

I'd go for blue, there are too many white ones ( mine lincluded) and red in 2011 seems to be the new white :lol:

My Danbury was originally Niagra, then Neptune and finsihed up Red, so like you have nightmares about staring at the colour i got it in.

I picked other as i like the greens especially Velvet Green, but since Just Kampers got there green one in all the adverts im going off it so need a rethink

I have to say if id known a bit more when i started id have been more careful when stripping the paint and stopped at the OG blue, then tried to blend the repairs in, but since its all gone, i think im going to change. i know there are lots of red vans about, but i like the colour, and as we all say in every thread someone posts to decide on a 'look'
Its my van, ill do what i want :lol:
I do like finding out everyones views though, tis indeed a very varied scene.

I love deliveries. 3 boxes turned up today, filled with rubber, glass and shiny bits. 1/4 frames are out of stock atm so still need those, then i have everything to make the van watertight... except an engine lid.

took my boxes of stuff over today, and my van is back in the workshop getting ready for its new colours. the engine is going off for its rebuild tomorow. and im still having to wait to drive it :cry:

SDC10625.jpg

SDC10626.jpg

SDC10627.jpg

SDC10628.jpg

SDC10629.jpg

SDC10630.jpg

SDC10631.jpg

and on the way back i saw this
SDC10632.jpg

the phot was taken in the layby it was stopped in i wasn't playing chicken with a dwarf driving the van.

none yet, i need a template so i can cut some out to start with. theres not much point paying over 100 quid for them when i have a jigsaw and can get free ply...
I think it will be the nice simple red and white one.

On that note, if anyone has a template for the door and panel cards i would be very grateful :D

sparkywig said:
I made a card template first, not difficult just a bit time consuming, as the later bus templates that I acquired didn't fit right especially around the lock and strap handle holes.

I think thats what ill have to do, i was hoping to make a start before i got the van back to i had something to be going on with making things pretty as soon as i got it back on the drive, but iv waited this long, whats a bit longer?

well, thanks to the nice people at morcambeandwize i now have a rather lovely delta green engine lid, so the big parts search is one step closer to completion.
id stick a pic up of the funky stickers attached, but iv already wrapped it back up to keep the lady happy (apparently i don't tidy up after myself enough)

however now since i have 2 lid catches, i think ill have a go at converting one of them to work with a key.

well since its bank holiday weekend and i cant take bits to someone who isnt there, i decided that making a mess wasnt that bad, the cockatiels have thrown seed everywhere anyway, i cant make it much worse, so i fixed the bikes, and got rid of the bloody stickers on mine, cant beat the matt black look.
And thern unwrapped the engine lid again.
funky stickers.
SDC10636.jpg

SDC10635.jpg

no rust and only a slight bent bit above one hinge, nothing a hammer cant fix.
SDC10634.jpg

SDC10637.jpg

antoine said:
I love deliveries. 3 boxes turned up today, filled with rubber, glass and shiny bits. 1/4 frames are out of stock atm so still need those, then i have everything to make the van watertight... except an engine lid.

Do you still need those 1/4 frames ?

I have a new & unused set from C&C that I am not using, let me know

G

i do indeed still need the 1/4 frames. they are opening ones you got arent they?

not sure how salvagable they are, might try and soak them to see if they will come off without ruining them. any other suggestions?

Right, a quick question.
Is anyone able to have a quick look and measure some bits of the rear bumper for me? mine has been extended at some point, and iv decided to fix it for now until i can afford a new one. also if possible has anyone got any photos of the inside of the corner area (the bit i need measurements of) a pic might make it easier. i need measurements A and B,
bumper.jpg

and this area
Photo-0077.jpg

Thanks all

went for a run out today, and had a look at progress. were still getting there, and still doing it slowly.
So i went hand hunted through my bits in the garage and decided to hit the bumper with a hammer a few times to straighten it up and see if i could clean up the old spare wheel cover.
Photo015.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Photo021-1.jpg

Photo022.jpg

Photo023.jpg

was also admiring the fabrication in the porsche bus.
Photo024.jpg

ok im shit at taking photos.
Took a run out to Volksheaven today to grab the last few bits to get the van ready for paint and windows, managed to get an O/G Oz right hand slider cover to match my new O/G Left one (the old ones were like swiss cheese). and a pair of slightly grubby but solid O/G 1/4 frames to go with my new glass. all for the tidy sum of 50 notes. not bad considering repros would have cost me twice that.
Then ran them at very high speed through to the nice man ( he was leaving at 3), my roof and interior have been sprayed a lovely shade of white, and the red will be coming within the fortnight. so this space should be watched i should have some pretty pictures to put up before too long (in theory). :D

it is indeed, hows yours coming along? minus the injuries of course.

Latest posts