Re: 71 Ex-Danbury, the home straight.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• red

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • white

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • beige

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • blue

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • other...

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
thanks fella.
i got your first post, im officially a member now (an EB member not a cock lol). :lol:

for what its worth, i thnk niagra blue is a peach of a colour on 71's...

for the first time in two years the doors are attached to the van. Went over to hand over some well earned cash and had a good look around, no photos though im afraid the tight storage space given over until warmer weather allows paint made that tricky.

But it wont be too long now before you can all have regular updates of my efforts to make it nice again.

i also found a little indian resteraunt in Howden where its possible to eat you own weight in food for a sensible price, so of course i tried my best.

well since im skint and trying to find out how much money i need to get her running iv been trying to price up van bits.
been emailing the bloke from paris beetles to find out if i can get a sunroof made to fill my big hole. turns out the vinyl isnt wide enough, but the mohair is, this means more expensive, and im hoping they can do it in white. since the roof is going to be white and im a whore for colour coordination. still waiting on a price for that.
iv found a couple of people on here with engine bay lids and im just trying to get some cash for that since i dont want to mess anyone about saying i need one and then not getting back to any replies with a firm yes or no.
and now after much procrastination on Call of Duty its time for a beer.

ARGH!!! as much as the service with paris beetles has been great with replies to emails on a saturday and the likes, iv not been told i cant have a white mohair roof as and i quote 'it will get too dirty' i know he has been making them years and has experience in the field, but id like to be able to choose to have a grubby roof.

my daily driver only gets washed once a year and thats by the garage who service it :lol:
as i mentioned previously im a whore for colour coordination, and im having a white roof. so its on to plan B, and then possibly C.

the hole needs to be narrower.

failing that, ill be on the hunt for a bloody tin top.

so. suggestions on a postcard to;

going bloody mental.
PO box. ARGH!!
York

right, problems all solved, a 1cm strip is going on either side of the roof hole to narrow and strengthen it, the roof is ordered and the mahoosive list of seals, light bits, exhaust stuff and general expensive unnoticed yet essential stuff to make watertight and MOTworthy had been put together and ordering shall soon commence, when the roof turns up ill get onto my paint man, and the next photos you all see should (in theory) be in colour, no more of this grey and white nonsense for this thread.

Bring on the summer!! :D

Just did a little happy dance, please excuse the caps lock fest that may be about to occur, but.

MY ROOF JUST TURNED UP. WE HAVE ROOF, NO MORE BIG LEAKY HOLE!!!!!!

ok, maybe not just turned up, but iv only just finished unwrapping it.
looks good quality, the instructions are a bit 'texty' and the diagrams are hand drawn, but should be easy enough to figure out.

and just for you photo whores, heres a sneaky preview.

183822_1454343097775_1809262891_853.jpg

190110_1454342337756_1809262891_853.jpg

188974_1454342777767_1809262891_853.jpg

Get fixing it up NOW :D

Looks good and can't wait for you to start :mrgreen:

me neither, unfortunately i now have to get on the paint man and get him to make colour happen in the general viscinity of my van, i know i said i wasnt in a rush and he is doing it as a favour between getting some of his projects out of the way, but theres only a couple of weeks of solid work left to do now. i wanna drive!!!

well, just been to deliver the roof to the van man, had a bit of a drool over his half built 3L porsche splitty, and come away with the news that this time next month my van will be coloured in, and the engine will be in the process of being fixed. so heres hoping ill be out terrorizing the speedbumps sooner than i thought. just need those drop spindles, adjustable spring plates, new shocks, narrowed beam... you know all the expensive stuff. :roll:

well i was bored at work today and i had pen and paper so i decided to start some ideas for my door cards. mild custom and to match a red van with white insides was the brief, heres the ideas so far.

The first one and so far my favorite, nice and simple.
1.jpg

the second (which appeared when i returned from a fag break, someone was stealing my pens....) initial idea by someone else, details by me.
2.jpg

and then i went a bit crazy, tis cool, but i dont think ill be using it.
3.jpg

oh and i have blank copies without my scrawls and colour if anyones in the same boat.

i agree, it is nice, but i like the simplicity of the first one, and it means i dont have to buy black vinyl just for a thin strip, lol.

i love new bits, just won some 1/4 lights on ebay, nice OG yank import ones, if its anyone on here selling then i shall see you when i collect them, if not. All bask in my awesomeness. :lol:

Latest posts