Rant! Am I asking too much of a company? Part Deux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick-Rackham said:
Managed to speak to Alex today, he's got the rear hubs ready to be drilled, and the stub axles with his tool maker, hopefully will hear something next week! Confirmed he still has all the parts I lent him so should be getting those all back soon!

About bloody time buh!!

is this company ok to order stuff from now? a friend of mine wants dropped spindles and we have been a bit put off?

Latest from Alex is that the stub axles are back from the machinist and he's hoping to get the hubs machined any day now! Apparently he is extremely busy and behind on spindles! That was 24 May, nothing since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following your threads Nick but kept my mouth shut as I don't like to cause probs for a small business, but I'm amazed he's treated you like this while you were trying to help him

Pure luck communicating with this guy.

I got dropped spindles quick and easy from him, but I suspect that was because I have a dub workshop nr T2D and he liked the idea I might be competition for them (if small). It was my first contact with him. He seemed a really nice guy and very very helpful with advice on tyre sizes, shocks etc.

But when they arrived, the threads on the spindles were fooked as if someone had belted the end of the stub axle with a lump hammer - first thing I noticed when I un-packed them - he MUST have known. He blamed the south Africans who supplied them but why did he use them then? Obviously either only had damaged ones or didn't bother to inspect them - these were bad. I just got away with it by loosing about 3-4 threads as it was for me not a customer or I'd have returned them.

At same time I ordered some boomerang things for the back. After call upon call and a month or so, "Cornish time" "can't get the laser cutter to pull his finger out" " massive hangover" :roll: I worked out I didn't want them and I cancelled the order, but he sent them a week later anyway. I don't want them - I haven't even opened the package but I'm not going to send them back and wait until christmas for a response.

I've decided I need adjustable springplates, but not in a million years will I buy them from Alex. I expect the plates themselves would be fine, but I like things next day, or within a week or so at the least. Not just some random time in the future.

My advice? Buy his gear at your risk, but from one of his re-sellers and make sure they have them in stock first. I won't be going back.

Sorry this had to be said Alex. You seem like a nice enough chap, but you need to smoke less spliff (or whatever it is) and get organised before your business goes tits up..

wow, i`m really shocked by these experiences.But then thats why i`ve started to stock his products and actually have them in stock.So if youre reading this thinking i would like these items but want them within a week then i have them in stock now not next month but now ;) i also offer earlybay members a discount on retail and i doubt you could buy these cheaper anywhere else.So if you like the product and want it now then buy it now :mrgreen:

I know Alex supplies most of the traders and would definitely recommend purchasing anything through them and not direct!!

Transporterhaus comms are poor at best (and almost non existent! ) over promise, under deliver, no customer service!

:shock:
wow iam shocked,I've used alex a few times and he's always got parts to me.He doesn't reply straight away to emails texts but if you have been there and seen the amount of work this guy turns out its amazing.hes flat out.All i can say is I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with alex.hope you get your bits back soon mate

Checked the shipping history of when I sent him the parts he asked to borrow to copy, (porsche rear brake setup) and it's been a year!! Spoke to him today and he's hoping to get them back to me this week!

My N/Side one's not been machined properly & fouls the steering so me bus'll only turn right :lol: !!!!!

I rang Alex last neet n he says I should have a new one themerra!!!!!!

You're lucky you've got yours on the floor! Mines still on axles stands waiting for my parts back!! One year on!!!

Quote Alex 28 April 2011 10:21 'any chance I can quickly borrow your oldspeed brakes parts to copy' fuck knows what quickly means in Cornwall!!

Quote Nick 17 July 2012 22:17 'when the fuck will I get them back?'

Luckily my mate, who's doin the job for me spotted before he built it all up .
So mine is on axle stands taking up workshop space!
I need to start cracking on with it now too :roll:

He's a nice guy to speak to & the last spindles I got were spot on & turned up on time.

I feel a bit messed about this time tho!!!!!

ZedBed said:
Face facts - he's lost them mate. Nobody likes to call with bad news. :(
If that's the case He'd have been better off being straight up about it than getting all this negative flack :|

i`ve got em in stock but nobody seems to want them right now???????? :roll: also have springplates and horseshoes but again no-one seems to want them right now?

scott wilson said:
i`ve got em in stock but nobody seems to want them right now???????? :roll: also have springplates and horseshoes but again no-one seems to want them right now?

i don't understand the point of that post? is that self advertising?

If i was such a close reseller, i would be having a word with transporterhaus and come to a deal with a set from my stock for t/haus to replace, rather than spread a bad product name which in turn will affect my business?
i take it the stock you have is discount / bulk bought, rather than a sale or return/ supply type deal?

Latest posts