My 69 "Ex Volks Tuning" Panel , build /make over thread.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a nice colour thanks .But I'd never use the workshop or recomend him after my experience .Just glad I've finally got my bus back and I can drawer a big thick line under that last chapter!
Looking foward to get on with the birch ply interior now :)

I used to work with a painter - he ended up refusing classic jobs because they were pretty much impossible to price - he found himself either upsetting people or losing money. The amount of hidden horrors was ridiculous. That being said, I think up north we seem to pay alot less for paintwork! The further south you go the more it costs, I had a full colour change done on a T4 for £900 a few years ago!

Mine was solid no rust welding ,only had some hand panted sign writing that caused a bit of hassle to remove ,but 60% above what we originally discussed is a bit much .

It's been a busy couple of weeks ,I've been getting to work on the inside .Ive spent a small fortune on silent coat (I hope it's as good as it's meant to be ) followed by a layer of 8mm closed cell foul backed foam .Looked like a section of the space station when I had finished.
Next up I fitted a birch ply headliner kit that was so called pre cut by CNC for precision fitment .What a joke ! It took me hours of cutting ,sanding ,and more cutting and sanding to get the look and fit you see below .While I'm happy with the end result I feel a bit miffed that the kit was so for off .Ive emailed the company and included pics to show what extent I had to trim off . :(
I'm now trying to find a set of pre cut birch ply interior panels to fit where the side windows would normally go on a windowed bus.
The lower panels will be Vynal covered to match the seats and bed when they get taken to the trimmers .
Hopfully also start on the floor soon as well .

Cheers Grazy ,yeh it's coming together ,although I'm having trouble finding anyone who sells pre cut birch ply panels to fit where the side windows would go? I'm going to fit Vynal covered boards to the lower half to break it up a bit .They will match the seat colours but I need at least 2k for the seat upholstery and Vynal covered panels which I don't have right now .

Cheers dude ,thanks ,be nice when I get enough £££ to get the rest of the interior finished ,but for now it's going to have to wait .NO rush though.

Looking good with what's been done. I like what you've done with the whole van. If you had to trim the front roof panel down a fair bit, it looks like an excellent job and great finish, couldn't you do the same to your side panels ? It also looks like the window panel might be a little more simple but that's easier to say when you're not doing it I spose. ;) Either way the an looks like a cracker. Might catch you at Nicks one Saturday morning.

Ozziedog',,,,,,,,,, There's some nice busses in Bristol,,,,,, and mine :mrgreen:

Few more updates .Ive now finished the birch head liner and have just finished fitting my new full length rack .

Latest posts