Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matty74 said:
Brilliant [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers 8)

This is getting to be like one of those things you get to see on the TV when you’re flicking through late at night for no good reason whatsoever and you even know that you have to be up for work in a short while, but something catches your eye :msn4: then just for a second or two you sit down :roll: then you watch for an hour or so and you is really getting in to it and you’re willing it on :p and the action reaches a crescendo :p then the adds come up :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: Part two is the same time same channel next week :evil: :cry: :shock: :cry: REALLY!!! Why do they do that to me ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,Are you in the film industry by any chance Andy ? :mrgreen:

If this build thread was a Netflix show I would have binge watched the entire thing within a week.
I don't like the suspense induced by waiting :D

He’s going to do that X Factor thing ‘And the winner is.................2 minutes later! Will Young. Oh!...he was from some other show. But you get my meaning. But Andy with words of ‘And we turn the key in the ignition and the result is....the engine...............then waits a few hours, comes back and type tells us! ‘Ruuuuuunnnnnning bee-ute-EE-fully..........’ 🤞 .

You lot crease me :)
Out all day tomorrow so will hopefully have a go on Sunday!!

ozziedog said:
And that just may be ^^^ the X Factor bit. :lol: :roll: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,, he’s only got me again :mrgreen:
Its me job to keep you all in suspenders :lol:

Managed to get around to trying some fuel.
After changing some of my clips as they were not tight enough so fuel going everywhere I managed to get fuel pumped into the carb.
With my daughter turning it over I checked for spark - yep.
Once everything back in my daughter turned the key and smoke was coming out of the exhaust but the engine wasn’t catching and the fast idle cam seems to shoot up??

Tried to video it so you can see and hear.

mike202 said:
When try to watch it doesn’t play, and it’s Photobucket! Aargh!

Soz Mike - will see if I can put it somewhere where it can be viewed...

90% of the interior fitted - what a chore!

Unit behind the passenger seat

A view of the side unit towards the front cab

A view to the rear with the bench seat and the cushion of the engine bay

Buddy seats

Rear seat in the sleeping position awaiting the table to be put under

Table in position and the bed is now ready

Table in the dining position.

Finally a view from the rear

Just the roof bits and the trim to hold the carpet in place and all ready :)

Interior looking amazing. Original? Looks it. I went down to the local Rheidol valley today. Driving along and the engine started to slow over 10 to 15 seconds. Alternator light came on and then the engine stopped. Turned the ignition and exactly like your sound. Wouldn’t catch. Looked in the engine bay and the metal to rubber tube immediately before the fuel pump was slightly kinked uphill style. Straightened it out and bingo. Engine fired up. Have you any fuel line linkage that may not be quite delivering the petrol stuff? I’ll proffer anything, even if it’s a stupid suggestion. Sometimes simple works. 😉 Andy? You’re a breath away from hitting that open road. Very exciting. And Dermot O’Leary would be proud of your ‘And the winner is.....’ timing.

Yes - original and fairly poor state but works (just)
Glad you fixed your poor running issue.
Checked all hoses and connections and all look good but thanks for the advice.
I will check all spark plugs are firing and also see if I can determine TDC as not sure if it is 180 degrees out!

Latest posts