Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitted the remainder of the fuel pipes today from the fuel pump to out of the the rear of the tinware.

(Not sure how clear it is in the photo)

Also fitted a tube from the oil filler to the top of carburettor air filter for removing the oil fumes etc

Sorted out all the nuts and bolts for mounting the engine ready for the next week depending on the weather (gulp).

EDIT: Just realised I have fitted the fuel pipes the wrong way round :oops: :lol:

gninnam said:

Fitted the remainder of the fuel pipes today from the fuel pump to out of the the rear of the tinware.

(Not sure how clear it is in the photo)

Also fitted a tube from the oil filler to the top of carburettor air filter for removing the oil fumes etc
Sorry to pick holes in your work bud, but I don’t like the look of that fan belt at all, I’ve not seen one quite like that before :shock: Everybody has their own versions of how tight your fan belt should be within reason :shock: but , maybe you shouldn’t use Slack Alice to fit that belt for you, I think that is more than a shim or two way to slack :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, it looks great, I can’t wait for it to fire up and move under its own steam :mrgreen:

Sorted out all the nuts and bolts for mounting the engine ready for the next week depending on the weather (gulp).

EDIT: Just realised I have fitted the fuel pipes the wrong way round :oops: :lol:

Today was install engine day.

Here it is under the van ready to go airborne.

The first issue I had was that the original jack I was using wouldn’t allow the engine to go up high enough and my bigger jack wouldn’t fit under so using the smaller jack I managed to get it in the air and balanced and raised the bed on the roller so my bigger jack would now go under.

So, using the bigger jack I have it almost in situ….

But…… struggling to push the engine back, the drive shaft appears to be engaged well and the lower studs have also engaged.
Is it just a case of pushing hard until it goes back or something more sinister??

A few pics of where it is now in relation to the engine block and gearbox!!!

Hi Andy, I remember the same issue trying to get my engine in back in the day. Remember that the old girl has her arse in the air so if your engine is level it won't be square on the with the bellhousing, hence as you say the lower studs have engaged. IIRC it gets easier as you left the engine higher, from what I remember and it was 11 odd years ago, it felt like the engine was too high by the time it pushed back easily!

Thanks guys.
Yes, used a clutch alignment tool
Weather changed for now (rain...) so will have another go tomorrow .

graysummers said:
Great on here isn’t it? Little advice treasure sentences from the members that save hours of struggling. Looking an absolute peach. Been catching up reading on your recents. Well done Andy.
Thanks for the kind words - uphill struggle still but slowly getting there :D

=====================

Yes, the engine is now in :)
Needed a lot of moving up and down, side to side and also the crank moving slightly but eventually slid on to the end of the gearbox shaft.
All bolts in place and tightened and the jack removed..

Rear tinware put back in place.

Next stage will be to get one of my family members to crank the engine over to see if it turns with no issues.
If that is good then I will get some fuel and see if it will actually work!

subheatadey said:
I can feel that street party getting closer :party0003:
I am hoping for the street to be closed and the Queen to launch the van :lol:

Latest posts