• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PLS DELETE MODS thanks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
slammedresto said:
Deano, can i collect mine from volksworld, unless you can find a home for it for me, as my westy is gone now

Dean/Gary,

Have sent PM, does this mean there is one spare? I really want one but the timescale is an issue. If it's available I have cash waiting.

Let me know fellas. I'm not at Volksworld, but will be at Tredegar House.

Hey Everybody Im now taking orders for the next batch of Gadgets Speed Shop 100% Brand new Westy towbars ...

All the towbars fit 67 to 71 Buses ( They DONT fit Crossovers Im afraid ) and are powder coated and come with all the stainless steel fasteners . They dont come with electrics . All You need to do is supply the Bus and Bolt it on

The price is NOW £ 265

Delivery is between 8 to 10 weeks

Gadget

If i put my name on one when do you need the money
(i have the northwest next month!!!)

Baldrick said:
Gadget Boy said:
They DONT fit Crossovers Im afraid
:cry: I've got a Crossover...what are my options for a towbar?
Thanks

IN the same camp ... and need one for my tow bar cycle rack.

Crossover .. neither an early or a late ... :sign0013:

Guys unfortunatly my towbars dont fit Crossovers as Id have to completly redesign the mounting brackets .Unfortunatly I need alot of orders specifically for crossovers to redesign a completely new Jig as this cost a absoulute fortune :lol:

Waltz19 Ive Pm you :D

Gadget Boy said:
Unfortunatly I need alot of orders specifically for crossovers to redesign a completely new Jig as this cost a absoulute fortune :lol:

How many is alot? theres a lot of us crossdressers around ;)

I'd be interested, probably not till next year though :D

Baldrick said:
Gadget Boy said:
They DONT fit Crossovers Im afraid
:cry: I've got a Crossover...what are my options for a towbar?
Thanks

This is what is fitted to my '72 Crossover
It just bolts through the rear bumper - Not sure if that is really strong enough [I've never used it]
There are metal wedges to fit the profile of the bumper both inside and outside the bumper, to ensure a tight/secure fit to the profile of the bumper.
I have no idea if it came from Germany like that, or whether it was fitted later when imported into the UK in the late '70's.

J :)

DSC01442.jpg

I'm up for a 72 crossover one, if it will fit without extra fabrication if so i'm a deffo!! Also i run a standard exhaust let me no if this a problem thanks, Derek....Pm sent. :?:

Gadget Boy said:
...and come with all the stainless steel fasteners .

Are stainless steel the best option as I need to buy some bolts for my tow bar. Also what type of washer do you use? It seems there are Metric Form A, B, C and penny washers:(. What would do the job best?

Thanks

Baldrick said:
Gadget Boy said:
...and come with all the stainless steel fasteners .

Are stainless steel the best option as I need to buy some bolts for my tow bar. Also what type of washer do you use? It seems there are Metric Form A, B, C and penny washers:(. What would do the job best?

Thanks
I would use zinc plated mild steel ones grade 8.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts