• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PLS DELETE MODS thanks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok peoples apoligies for the wait Unfortunatly the Fab shop that were going to build these has gone Bust ( Thank You Mr Brown You fat C##t )

BUT i have found somelse who is prepared and has the skills to make them instead Woo Hoo :D

So please start the list of interest underneath and I will mail you alll so we can Get these Towbars out to all of You Hopefully Before Xmas

Yes Im after a Towbar :

Gadget
Graham L

Gadget Boy said:
Ok peoples apoligies for the wait Unfortunatly the Fab shop that were going to build these has gone Bust ( Thank You Mr Brown You fat C##t )

BUT i have found somelse who is prepared and has the skills to make them instead Woo Hoo :D

So please start the list of interest underneath and I will mail you alll so we can Get these Towbars out to all of You Hopefully Before Xmas

Yes Im after a Towbar :

Gadget
Graham L
Buddysbuddy

Hi Gadget, I have located said holes but the threads have suffered after 40 years. Do you have an idea how i can get over this given space/access in this location is difficult. I definately want one of these but need to be sure i can fit it as planned. Do you know if there is an equivalent to a rawlbolt type fixing that i can maybe use?

Thanks

Al

matt-me said:
Hi Gadget, I have located said holes but the threads have suffered after 40 years. Do you have an idea how i can get over this given space/access in this location is difficult. I definately want one of these but need to be sure i can fit it as planned. Do you know if there is an equivalent to a rawlbolt type fixing that i can maybe use?

Thanks

Al

Hi ya Al

Sorry about the delay, the best way to fix this is to purchase a Tap at screw fix etc. Im sure its M10 x 1.5 mm pitch and gently using lots of Wd40 run the tap in and out of the holes . You will find this easier with the lack of Space by using a small 6'' adjustable or a spanner that fits the end of the Tap . Usually you use a tap wrench But you wont fit that in . Also folks please remember that these towbars completly replace all the rear bumper mounts and use the original bumper mounting holes too so the towing points are very strong

Gadget ;)

So the list is

Gadget
Buddys Buddy
Graham L
Aaron
Matt Me
Manky Welshman
Ooro
Vesp

If Ive missed anyone Please speak Up :lol:

Wish I had some spare cash (no chance with Xmas on the horizon then the kids birthdays right after :( )

Thanks for that gadget. Let me know when you want some money and how, would appreciate eta after paying too, if that's ok.

Al

Gadget Boy said:
matt-me said:

Thanks

Al

Hi ya Al

Sorry about the delay, the best way to fix this is to purchase a Tap at screw fix etc. Im sure its M10 x 1.5 mm pitch and gently using lots of Wd40 run the tap in and out of the holes . You will find this easier with the lack of Space by using a small 6'' adjustable or a spanner that fits the end of the Tap . Usually you use a tap wrench But you wont fit that in . Also folks please remember that these towbars completly replace all the rear bumper mounts and use the original bumper mounting holes too so the towing points are very strong

Gadget ;)

So the list is

Gadget
Buddys Buddy
Graham L
Aaron
Matt Me
Manky Welshman
Ooro
Vesp
Cali_bay

If Ive missed anyone Please speak Up :lol:

Yes please i defo want one
Can i pm you the delivery address & payment details
Cheers andymac

I have this one:

towbar.jpg

Will this not fit a 72 Crossdresser?

vanagonman said:
I have this one:

towbar.jpg

Hello Vanagonman

Ive got to be Honest Im not sure thats even a bay towbar ? And if it is judging by the amount of corrosion shown on the Lhs mounting plate Would you even Put that on your bus and trust it towing a trailer at 60Mph ??? . I dont think I would ! :shock: Im not trying to Piss on your chips But that is Exactly why I started all of this, as some rusty Ebay '' Bargins '' could quite literally cause a Very serious accident .

Gadget

For Everyone who's been watching the thread these are Now going into production. So for all of You who shown an interest Ive PM'd You all with contact & payment details . Also for those of you who wish to get one asap the lead time at the moment is 8 to 10 weeks ...

Get Em while there Hot :mrgreen:

Please PM me for any further info and Add yourselves to the lists :D

Thanks Folks

Gadget ;)

Gadget Boy said:
vanagonman said:
I have this one:

towbar.jpg

Hello Vanagonman

Ive got to be Honest Im not sure thats even a bay towbar ? And if it is judging by the amount of corrosion shown on the Lhs mounting plate Would you even Put that on your bus and trust it towing a trailer at 60Mph ??? . I dont think I would ! :shock: Im not trying to Piss on your chips But that is Exactly why I started all of this, as some rusty Ebay '' Bargins '' could quite literally cause a Very serious accident .

Gadget

Here's another one the same as mine:
shapeimage_3.jpg

TowBar2.jpg

They were sold as Bay towbars. I was hopeful that it might mount on my Splitty so I bought it. Should they fit my 72 Bay? In my case, I will wirebrush it and Hammerite if it works, otherwise I will buy yours on here. I'm very pleased you are offering good towbars on here nevertheless. :D

Vanagoman - I used to have a crossover with a towbar and this looks right, but wont fot an early bay.

I just fitted the westy towbar like Gadget is selling and another point to note if you are strapped for cash is that since it replaces your OG bumper brackets you can then sell these :D . I got £45 for my OG bumper brackets :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts