Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irishpete said:
Foz said:
Irishpete said:
Foz, I think met a mate of yours at Halfrauds in Bristol yesterday, he threw his keys at my van (seriously!) nice bloke though! :D

PMSL! Pete.....wtf?? :? :lol:

Some guy came over to chat in a carpark. Apparently he has a blue splitty and is called Smilin' Steve (!) I mentioned that I was on Earlybay and he said Oh yeah, I know Foz on there - and then whilst waving his arms around, he let go of his keys!

Has he named his bus 'stashwell' Thats the only splitty owner down in Bristol that I know of. Met him at Bustypes last year, .....a nice lad!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

dubscum said:
BARKING MARK said:
Foz said:
can it bounce on air? :???:

But if its a rocking...don't come a knocking! :p :lol:

Thats a strong right wrist you got there :lol: :lol:
Power wank

:lol:

Pick up the bus today...in about 4 and half hours time! cannot Frickin wait dudes! :twisted:

Foz said:
Pick up the bus today...in about 4 and half hours time! cannot Frickin wait dudes! :twisted:

almost as much as the rest of us :)

i'm looking closely at this as a have a bit of an idea for an upgrade to mine. It will have to wait a couple of years as i'm off downunder, but still very intrigued to see the result and hear your feedback.

NaFe

Olskoolchris said:
Fingers crossed for you Foz, nowt like cutting it fine.

Well disaster struck, and Olive isn't now ready for collection due to a burst air bag on the rear!
Can't quite describe my disappointment right now, that along with missing the Ninove trip too....pretty gutted! :sad:

Foz said:
Olskoolchris said:
Fingers crossed for you Foz, nowt like cutting it fine.

Well disaster struck, and Olive isn't now ready for collection due to a burst air bag on the rear!
Can't quite describe my disappointment right now, that along with missing the Ninove trip too....pretty gutted! :sad:

Oh Foz.. I'm so gutted for you mate... That properly sucks...

Mate I am so sorry to hear that! I hope that slamwerks are reimbursing you the loss of your ninove tickets and ferry.

One positive I suppose is that at least it didn't happen when you were driving!

I hope they sort it for you soon mate
Nathan

That's shit news!! We've been waiting what seems like forever to see the results, must seem even longer for you. :cry: :evil:

Thanks guys, and yes I'm feeling pretty devo'd and deflated right now. :sad:
Possibly the lowest point since owning the bus, disappointment wise.
The project kept getting pushed back further and further to the Friday deadline, which I wasn't comfortable with, as I wanted to give it a week or so trial before the big road trip.
I was even pretty shocked to see work being done on Grahams bus just a few days before Ninove, whilst mine lay on the backburner! Wtf was that all about...I don't know!!
Slamwerks trying to do their best for everyone I guess...

So I'm trying to look at it all now more as blessing in disguise than a total Fuck up right now.

Slamwerks have agreed to pay compensation for the train tunnel ticket I had paid for. As for the half day loss of earnings, and fuel to Derby and back on a wasted journey well I'm not too sure!
And the experience and memories made at Ninove?....well I guess that s priceless!

Anyway, as ever I will update when I know anything further.

Right now the project is waiting on a new air bag delivery, as one of them has blown apparently. And some more modifications have to be made to the setup itself to stop this happening again.
Thanks again, and your disappointment isn't half as bad as mine right now, trust me! :-(

The Phoenix shall arise from the Ashes! :twisted:

Gutted for you man :( I hope a great summer ahead will go some way to repairing the disappointment.

Just to look on the positive side chap at least it happened in a workshop in derby as opposed to 60mph on the e10 in Belgium.
That could have been much worse. I know you probably feel disheartened and all but there is always next year.

It must be disappointing, but as others said, at least it happened in the workshop. Little consolation as you had even tried to organise a some shakedown time prior to going to ninove.

I wonder whether slamwerks know how many people are on here awaiting not only the end result but also the journey and work being carried out by slamwerks.

As for graham's bus being worked on, it may be that he was genuinely booked in before yours, unless you know different. In that case ilthat is quite poor.

Lets hope that they sort it out soon so you can start making new memories that you will have forever.

NaFe

As others have said Foz, there's always next year... I'd love to cruise down with you as I will be breaking my ninove cherry too!!

Thanks a lot guys, I think you can sense my frustration and disappointment. I've still not even got to see the bus yet! I was glad of the no photos submitted via Slamwerks Facebook page, specifically kept off so I could intake the look of the bus in the flesh according to Guy. However I have now asked for some photos as I just cannot wait any longer, its been almost 5 weeks in the making now! So hopefully I'll get some pic updates in the next few hours!
Looks 'awesome' according to the man himself!

Not had tubs fitted now, Guy seems to think they aren't required for the stance I am after, however if I choose to he will, 'its just a shame to cut up a nice bus when I feel its not necessary' was his remark.
I guess I can drop it onto the tyres at shows etc, then raise when I drive home. The beauty of having air I guess (when it works! lol)

The air bags are to be upgraded so as to get more lift, so while Thats waiting to be done Guy is going to fabricate me a new towbar more suited for low driving than the JK monstrosity I have fitted currently.

The wiring in my bus is something of a worry, very poor and in need of attention quite urgently which I have been told now on a few occasions by various people who have worked on her. So that will be on the 'to do' list at some point in the year!

Shorty, we got a date for next year mate. cruise down to Ninove together, along with anyone who wishes to join us! ;)

Pics soon..... I promise!! Dependant on Guy of course....

Latest posts