• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEW LIST!! Westy Louvre Window Mozzy Net Mesh £7 pair posted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aogrady

Reaction score
Hi!

After the last batch sold out, I am thinking about getting some more westy mozzy net in. I should have enough material again for 26 windows, or 13 pairs. A pair will be £7 posted

I have sourced some replacement mesh for the westy Jalousie window, it looks exactly the same as OG AFAIK. It's grey in colour, and easy to replace as it is held in with a rubber tube a few mm thick all around a groove in the window, as shown below. Pull the old tubing out, and lay the mesh lined up, and slowly press the tube back in the groove, as you work along, it will tighten up and be crease free. I used a chop stick to press in the groove - you may find something else with a blunt end is as good.

westymesh.jpg

I have done my own, and it looks great, easier than trying to clean the stuff - and it's normally a bit fragile and torn after 35 plus years!

Cheers!

Alistair

Might take a set off your hands, will confirm tomorrow when i've checked the condition of mine as i had 4 panels supplied with the van and to be honest i've not looked at them since i took them out the back of the van when i got it a few weeks ago, they are still sitting in the corner of the garage.

westbay said:
Might take a set off your hands, will confirm tomorrow when i've checked the condition of mine as i had 4 panels supplied with the van and to be honest i've not looked at them since i took them out the back of the van when i got it a few weeks ago, they are still sitting in the corner of the garage.

No worries, let me know! "And your name will be also be added on ze list" said in a Dad's Army sty-le.......... :lol:

Alistair

I have to recommend this, it is easy to fit and looks stock. 8)

It has replaced the old brittle stuff that my son has poked holes in.......... :cry:

Cheers Alistair for giving a good service.

Jon

faux said:
I have to recommend this, it is easy to fit and looks stock. 8)

It has replaced the old brittle stuff that my son has poked holes in.......... :cry:

Cheers Alistair for giving a good service.

Jon

Cheers Jon, very kind of you! :D

Easy to fit, and very satisfing in a "popping bubble wrap" kinda way ;)

Alistair

I'll take a pair please....my old man poked the ply bed we're putting together for my 72 Westy crossover, through it......37 years perfect then all I get is........ oops sorry !!!!!

This looks great when renewed and ive never fitted my screens until now as the netting looked so scruffy. They are in permanent now and a big thanks to Alistair.

Hi!

Thanks everyone!, ok as AxlFoley has started a list, I'll start adding names to it so i can keep track of it all. It'll be a couple of weeks for the next batch, so plenty of time for everyone to express a interest, so once i have it, I'll contact the people on the list, and we'll sort out payment.

Ok, names so far....... :D

1. AxlFoley
2. Westbay ?
3. Mole
4. Slammedresto
5. Hadleigh

Add names as we go along.........

Cheers!

Alistair

1. AxlFoley
2. Westbay
3. Mole
4. Slammedresto
5. Hadleigh

Add names as we go along.........

Yes definite for me please (amended above list) as checked in the garage and mine are intact but pretty grimey, so i'm sure its easier to have new than trying to clean up the old.

I used the old stuff but i thought about using the covering off some wire. Pick your colour from the live ,neg, earth range....... :lol:

Hi!

Ok, the mesh should be with me in a few days, it's a little narrower off the roll this time, so will check the exact quantity when it arrives, and post up details again.

So any more to add to the list?

Cheers!

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

Noticed last night that I had some holes in mine so if available please put me down for a set!

Many thanks,

Larry

Latest posts