• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEW Westy Jalousie window mozzy mesh sets, and tubing £10 posted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aogrady

Reaction score
Hi!

After the last 2 batches were sold out, I had been asked if i was ever going to get some more in, I now have a quanity of fly mesh available. Many of you have already bought some of the last few batches, and it looks exactly the same as OG IMHO. It's grey in colour, and easy to replace as it is held in with a rubber tube a few mm thick all around a groove in the window, as shown below. Pull the old tubing out, and lay the mesh lined up, and slowly press the tube back in the groove, as you work along, it will tighten up and be crease free. I used a chop stick to press in the groove - you may find something else with a blunt end is as good.

westymesh.jpg

I have done my own, and it looks great, easier than trying to clean the stuff - and it's normally a bit fragile and torn after 35 plus years!

Add yours names to the thread if you want some, £7 for a pair packed and posted, paypal as a gift with your address details to [email protected]

Cheers!

Alistair

Sorry to ask a potentially silly question, but is this the mesh that fits the louvered windows on the side of a Westy?

If it is, please put me down for a PAIR please

R73 - Rob - a pair pls mate - not sure why but i'm well excited about getting this stuff since the dog put his foot through the old one!!

Dub_Dreams said:
Sorry to ask a potentially silly question, but is this the mesh that fits the louvered windows on the side of a Westy?

Hi,

Yes it is, you need the frame that fixes to the westy window, the mesh then fits into the frame.

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
Dub_Dreams said:

Hi,

Yes it is, you need the frame that fixes to the westy window, the mesh then fits into the frame.

Cheers!

Alistair

I'll compare what I have to others at DATC this weekend and get back to you fella!

lard said:
Nice :) - I screwed up the cutting on one of my previous screens :oops: - so perfect timing!

:lol: Whoops!! Yours'll be sent asap too. I have left plenty of material for you to trim off, so will give you a bit of room to get it lined up nice.

Cheers,

Alistair

Latest posts