• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*NEW* Group Buy - Firetec fire extinguishers for engine bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Graham L - Upright + Chafeguard + n/c Switch
2. ed. - Upright
3. Larry - Upright + Chafeguard + n/o Switch
4. buddysbuddy - Upright + n/c Switch
5. Nora- Upright
6. lhu128l -Upright + chafeguard
7. Wensbry Upright
8. Bundy - Upright + n/c switch
9. VeeDubMan - Upright + n/c switch
10. Westbay - Upright + n/c switch
11. 71Westy - Upright + n/c switch
12. curly head - upright + n/c switch
13. Don't temp fate !!
14. Wrong Plates - Upright.

edited my entry to upright now.

Graham any news on this post as 2 weeks now since you last posted?

No news to report really, I had hoped that some more people would come along and express an interest as with the current levels I'm going to struggle to get any more discount.

Will put a thread into the general section asking if anyone else is interested and close the thread at the end of September and place the order with Firetec, at that point I will contact everyone and expect payment to be made within a week.

Hope thats OK with all?

Graham L said:
No news to report really, I had hoped that some more people would come along and express an interest as with the current levels I'm going to struggle to get any more discount.

Will put a thread into the general section asking if anyone else is interested and close the thread at the end of September and place the order with Firetec, at that point I will contact everyone and expect payment to be made within a week.

Hope thats OK with all?

I'm going to have to pull out. Slight disaster with a 60ft oak tree out the front of house shedding 30ft branches and needing work! Removed from list below:

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
7. Wensbry Upright
9. Westbay - Upright + n/c switch
10. 71Westy - Upright + n/c switch
11. curly head - upright + n/c switch
12. Don't temp fate !!
13. Wrong Plates - Upright.

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
7. Wensbry Upright
12. Don't temp fate !!
14. Alex4057 - still undecided about which way to go but deffo's am IN, anyone got any pic of the horizontal fittment?

I don't run a 2nd battery in the engine bay and don't think running against the leg will work for me as it will be a even more of a pain to change spark plugs round my dual carb inlet manifolds!

Also can someone explain the advantages of the differing switches? It's all a bit greek to me if i'm honest

EDIT* am pretty certain i'll be wanting the horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’ fitment if it's where i think it is?!?

alex4057 said:
2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
7. Wensbry Upright + n/c switch
12. Don't temp fate !!
14. Alex4057 - still undecided about which way to go but deffo's am IN, anyone got any pic of the horizontal fittment?

I don't run a 2nd battery in the engine bay and don't think running against the leg will work for me as it will be a even more of a pain to change spark plugs round my dual carb inlet manifolds!

Also can someone explain the advantages of the differing switches? It's all a bit greek to me if i'm honest

EDIT* am pretty certain i'll be wanting the horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’ fitment if it's where i think it is?!?

Hi I'm interested in this but am not clear on a couple of things:
1) whats the advantage of this type over the ones on JK for example? better quality?
2) the different switches (me too!). If I understand it correctly they are an extra function providing a warning light either option 1 green for good or option 2 red for bad? Do you need more advanced diy skills to install?

If this is I'd be interested in a upright with the easiest switch... is that the n/o as you don't need to install a test switch?

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
12. Don't temp fate !!
15. mginty - upright and poss n/c switch (sorry)

Alex

Sorry busy with the day job, if you look early on in the thread you will see an upright install on the n/s chassis leg, as you have indicated this might be tight with getting to carbs etc but it doesn't have to be set that far back.

With regards to the switch options:

LEDs:
n/o switch is closed under pressure. When the power to a green LED is routed via a n/o switch (and a fuse) the LED stays on when there is power, the wiring is intact, the fuse is OK, the LED is OK and the pressure in the cylinder is above 5 bar. This means that a green light is on all the time on the dash and will go out when the extinguisher is triggered as the pressure in the bottle has dropped

n/c is open under pressure and only closes completing the circuit when the pressure drops. Thus a red LED in that circuit will only come when the pressure has fallen, providing that the battery, wiring, fuse, and LED are all OK. If choosing a red LED circuit you should include a test switch to bridge the switch contacts to check that the red LED and wiring etc. is OK. This means that a red light will display only when the extinguisher is triggered, most people go for this option so they haven't got a light on the dash at all times, especially in the dark

Hope that makes sense and that I've got it right :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
12. Don't temp fate !!
14. Alex4057 - horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’ fitment + Chafeguard + N/C Switch
15. mginty - upright and poss n/c switch (sorry)

I'm still not 100% sure I've gone for the right install option but you cleared the switch question up for me thanks! Sorry for being a pest, Just didn't want to miss out and know your looking to wrap this up and place an order VERY SOON!

I'm gonna search for pics but i'm presuming this would fit above where your leisure battery is in the pictures earlier in this thread?

Cheers

Alex

thanks from me too - will have the n/c switch as indicated so:
2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
12. Don't temp fate !!
14. Alex4057 - horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’ fitment + Chafeguard + N/C Switch
15. mginty - upright and n/c switch

cheers

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
12. Don't temp fate !!
15. mginty - upright and n/c switch
16. flower - upright + n/c switch

Hi Graham;

Posted this on thelatebay.. But no-one interested yet,, Had help from robins and mrwhitewalls, but no takers yet.. I gave them till sunday..
Bet they're trying to order too Late..........
I'm away to Oktoberfest tomorrow til sunday night, so will be back in touch monday..

Regards

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
6. Wensbry Upright + n/c switch
7. Bundy - Upright + n/c switch
8. Westbay - Upright + n/c switch
9. 71Westy - Upright + n/c switch
10. curly head - upright + n/c switch
11. Don't temp fate !!
12. Wrong Plates - Upright.
13. Alex4057 - horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’ fitment + Chafeguard + N/C Switch
14. mginty - upright and n/c switch
15. flower - upright + n/c switch

2. ed. - Upright
5. Nora- Upright
6. Wensbry Upright + n/c switch
7. Bundy - Upright + n/c switch
8. Flower - Upright + n/c switch
9. 71Westy - Upright + n/c switch
10. curly head - upright + n/c switch
11. Don't temp fate !!
12. Wrong Plates - Upright.
13. Alex4057 - horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’ fitment + Chafeguard + N/C Switch
14. mginty - upright and n/c switch

Sorry guys i'm dropping out, impending unemployment means i need to stop all spending on the bus. I've moved Flower to my position in the list, if i find a new job and the list is still going then i will add back in.

Curly

I'm afraid thats down to me and my work commitments, I've just finished a manic couple of weeks work so am planning to get in touch with Firetec either this week or next to place the order and see what the lead time is.

Once I have a build slot I will then contact everybody askiung for their wonga!!

graham, no worries. money is there whenever you need it.

does anyone know if they are ok to use with a turbo install? turbo is up high in engine bay so wondered if that could cause problems!!! :cry:

Hi Graham,
I know you're busy, but just wondered if you had a date on these yet?
Cheers
Al

Latest posts