• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*NEW* Group Buy - Firetec fire extinguishers for engine bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
OK after the prompts on the other thread heres the start of a new group buy of the Firetec Fire Extinguishers,

Spec as follows:

Specifications for use in VW T1 / T2 campers.

Cylinder: model B1. 300mm (with valve) x 90mm diameter. 1.25 litres aluminium.
Tube: 3.50 metres 6.2 x 4.0 heat sensitive REACTON 80.
Valve: Stainless steel Firetec Axial valve with easy top-up external Schrader, safety pressure gauge, and tube connections.
Bracket: Wire transport bracket with countersunk bolt kit.
Extinguishant (default): special mix, 9% AFFF, non corrosive foam.

Installation options:
Upright on LH chassis leg, horizontally on LH chassis leg or horizontally under engine compartment ‘roof’.
Buyer must state if under-roof configuration is required.

Instructions:
Standard CT instructions with extra page specifically for VW T1/ T2 campers included.
Requires good general DIY skills, but no special tools.

Price for Extinguishers = £140 + VAT = £161

Discounts as follows:

1 to 5 units: 10%
6 to 10 units: 20%
11 to 30 units: 30%

OPTIONS:
Chafegard:
Protects the tube from squashing and impact. Does not interfere with detection and discharge. Does NOT protect from sharp edges which can protrude between the coils. Can short wiring. + £18

LEDs:
n/o switch is closed under pressure. When the power to a green LED is routed via a n/o switch (and a fuse) the LED stays on when there is power, the wiring is intact, the fuse is OK, the LED is OK and the pressure in the cylinder is above 5 bar. + £20

n/c is open under pressure and only closes completing the circuit when the pressure drops. Thus a red LED in that circuit will only come when the pressure has fallen, providing that the battery, wiring, fuse, and LED are all OK. If choosing a red LED circuit you should include a test switch to bridge the switch contacts to check that the red LED and wiring etc. is OK.
There is no discount on the options but they need to be ordered with the batch, + £20

So prices work out at the following:

1 - 5 Units = 10%.............£144.90 inc VAT + Chafeguard =£165.60 inc VAT + Switch & Chafeguard = £188.60 inc VAT
6 - 10 Units = 20%...........£128.80 inc VAT + Chafeguard =£149.50 inc VAT + Switch & Chafeguard = £172.50 inc VAT
11 -30 Units = 30%..........£112.70 inc VAT + Chafeguard =£133.40 inc VAT + Switch & Chafeguard = £156.40 inc VAT

I'm happy to fund the £15 delivery charge to the one central location which will be our unit in Tamworth, with collection from there or delivery to shows, these cannot be sent out in the post.

So if you are interested please add to the list below with your requirements, need to know whether its upright/horizontal/roof, whether chafeguard is wanted and which switch if you want one (see description above)

1. Graham L - Upright + Chafeguard + n/c Switch

Graham are you setting a cutoff period for this otherwise they tend to drag on for ages?

Also what's the lead time for delivery to you once order placed?

What shows are you going to so people can collect?

How do we pay you?
Thanks
Simon

Fire Monitoring Systems Ltd. has developed a range of ancillary equipment for use with Firetec® CT systems. This includes full length Chafegard™ for use in rough environments (adopted in 1997 by the Swedish army), pressure-drop activated switching, remote system status displays and monitoring, and Firetec® automatic alarm and engine or plant shut down.

how easy is this to integrate - ie when the system deploys cut the ignition cct, which would allow any tries to restart - and if used in conjunction with a fuel solenoid would mean zero fuel being passed through??

this bit concerns me? how tricky is it........

Firetec® CT Installation

Customers must ensure that the installation of a Firetec® CT system is carried out only by a person trained in Firetec® equipment.

Is it known what the recharge costs are? I prefer to look at the guage - although if driving for several hours you cannot do this.

What numbers are we trying for? and as prev post when is the cutoff/likely finish date?

thanks

I can answer the last two

piss easy to install

and recharge well when it goes off you loose the hose so its not a standard extinguisher recharge or do you mean if the pressure drops in the red? if this is the case its a standard schraeder valve so foot pump to pressure....

Has anybody got photos of the 3 different installation positions?

count me in, missed the last on as i was away.

2. ed. - Upricht + Chafeguard

Hi Graham,

Thanks for sorting out - count me in - not too sure of the implications for install if I have a leisure battery setup.....so assume best to go for the roof mount option....

3. Larry - Roof + Chafeguard + n/o Switch

:)

4. buddysbuddy - Upright + n/c Switch

5. Nora- Upright + chafeguard

Larry (and others)

A Leisure Battery doesn't affect the install, see pictures of a LH Upright install in Arnie

L1010946.jpg

L1010947.jpg

westbay said:
Graham are you setting a cutoff period for this otherwise they tend to drag on for ages?

Also what's the lead time for delivery to you once order placed?

What shows are you going to so people can collect?

How do we pay you?
Thanks
Simon

Graham,

Any answer to my earlier post?

Graham L said:
Larry (and others)

A Leisure Battery doesn't affect the install, see pictures of a LH Upright install in Arnie

cheers graham :oops:

updated list:

3. Larry - Upright + Chafeguard + n/o Switch

Westbay

Sorry not ignoring you but I'm not getting email notification at the moment so struggling to spot every new post, in answer to your questions:

I can put a cut off period in place if people want them quickly but you will end up paying more, what are peoples views on this?

Lead time depends on when we place the order, could be up to 6 weeks depending on what other work they have on at the time.

I go to most of the big shows and will be at Vanfest (although I doubt we will have them by then), will be at Brighton Breeze and may be at Final Fling this year as well.

Payment is in advance and either by Bank Transfer or cheque, prefer not to do paypal on this due to the charges (unless you are prepared to cover them)

Hope that answers the questions and once again sorry for the delay,

I'm happy to wait and get the best group buy discount....but if the majority want quick, then the flow I shall go with....

I'm not in a rush as i'm abroad with work until the end of October. I can post you a cheque from here.

3. Larry - Upright + Chafeguard + n/o Switch
6. lhu128l -Upright + chafeguard

Ash

I'm away in Ireland at the moment and wont be back until early September so will chase everyone up then so that gives you a couple of weeks, the more the merrier :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts