Mozzie's 69 RHD D/Door Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comment I wish that I had half the skills that my mate Wayne does that is doing the work for me

Nothing to update on the build but this is the power plant i will be using in the bus when its ready its a Stan Pobjoy built 1916 Twin port motor with Dual spark plugs(Running V8 dizzy etc) it will be backed with a 6 Rib 091 2Ltr gear box

Yeah thanks for the comments guys. Twin plugs per cylinder mate. Quite a few of these motors getting around oz and they are a great motor

Hi dustrat I bought the motor complete from Stan Pobjoy who is a vw guy in Oz and he does all his own machining work etc here is the link to his business if you want to email him as I'm not sure on prices just for the heads etc.
http://m.stanpobjoy.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers mozzie

Snow hey well it's 45+ degrees where I'm at lol. The link works for me just google Stan Pobjoy and you will find it ;)

You have given the mobile link Mozzie. Drop the m off the front and it will take you to his website. http://www.stanpobjoy.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

45 degrees in the wild west vs snow in the UK. Give me the stinking heat any day of the week. Missing home. :(

Thanks 'aspro', used your link and got onto website.Have emailed him to see what info I can get about twin spark plug heads.
Robert

Just a bit of an update for those that may be interested in knowing how this project is going. I have been a little distracted after selling my Karmann Ghia I purchased a lowlight single cab ute etc now that I've sold the ute it's time to get this finished and on the road as this bus is the whole reason why I got into the VW scene.
The tubs that we got rolled up on the English wheel still needed a lot of tweaking and slicing to get them to sit nice and flush with the body and that to my mate Wayne's patience they now sit nicely. To give the tubs some more strength and make them solid a seat base frame has been welded in. Next on the cards is to get the tubs welded to the body/frame.

Ok so not much to update however the 4.5" narrowed beam with transporterhaus drop spindles are all together now and ready to go into the bus.

A little more progress on my Panel the tubs are now all welded in place now just modifying the seat frames to sit flush on the tubs.

A bit more progress on the seats over the weekend with the passenger side seat modified and the drivers seat rails welded in a ready to role

Thanks mate i have to thank my mate Wayne though as he has been doing this build for me :D

Latest posts