Mozzie's 69 RHD D/Door Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers guys. Yeah I'm bloody stoked with the illustration and now can't wait to drive the real thing :D

Thanks bud this new photo bucket is shit for uploading pics i can only do one at a time some check again soon for the rest of the pics lol

Thanks Aspro. Next on the hit list is to continue with the rest of the rust/panel work then move onto mocking up a few bits and pieces prior to paint. Im going to sort out a 4" narrowed beam and run some transporterhaus spindles and creative rear spring plates.

Hey Mozzie - How you going with this?

I have 69 (AUS Compliance in 70) CKD Double Door

See:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56757&p=473896#p473896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah the build is still going as I bought a few other toys a EB single cab and a 61 Karmann ghia that I've just sold. I've gone with some 2.5" wheel tubs now up front end etc etc so I will get around to posting up a few pics soon.

mozzie said:
Well spoke with a mate as i wanted to get a rough idea on what my bus would look like once its complete and he sent me this today. :D
TheDoubleD_zpsb6a7d502.png

This will be one sweet bus. Panel van envy :mrgreen:

Thanks for the comments gents I will get some pics up over the next couple of days

Pull your finger out Moz. Now the Ghia's gone there's no excuses. ;)

And post a pic of the SC too please. :mrgreen:

Ok well its been a while since i have updated this thread and a few people have been asking how its been going. I got a little distracted as i bought a 1961 Karmann ghia earlier this year and been attending a few shows over in Melbourne and just recently sold the KG a few days ago. My mate is still working on my bus and here are a few pics of some work that has been carried out. I also bought a EB SC and will start a thread on that one also.

So the front seat sections were a little crusty and were going to be replaced with some aftermarket sections. When i thought well i may need to run some tubs as i will start off by running some 17" wheels and wanted the flexibility of being able to turn it into corners etc when its lowered etc with out taking chunks out of the tyres. I decide to go with 2.5" when tubs and got a local guy to roll some up for me on his english wheel etc. Then my good mate Wayne had the lucky (or not so lucky job) of getting them to line up and weld them in etc with endless minor tweaks here and there to get them where he was happy with. Which is still ongoing at the moment but getting closer to welding them back in and mounting the seat rails.

So the first stage was coming up with a good plan on how we wanted the tubs and what was going to work best for my needs with the van. Then there was the old cardboard cut out and mock up before heading dawn and seeing Marty to roll them up.

The bus had some other rust works done in between the Tubs etc all the metal was treated before applying the new steel.

Lines from where the door was sitting prior to adjusting the door etc and getting the correct door gaps that Wayne was happy with

One of the bottoms of my sliding doors was a little worse for wear so i got Marty to roll me up some new bottom section and fuse them together.

Latest posts