Fuel Hose and the dreaded E10

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's disturbing just how quickly E10 dissolves fuel lines. I try to buy E5 when ever I can especially if the van is going to be sat for awhile and only use E10 on a long run. I considered replacing the lines in the noisy cupboard with copper. My end of season to do list is getting long.
Copper is not a good idea. It can work harden with vibration and crack. Stainless is better but can also crack after a prolonged period.

There's another post somewhere where i rant probably, but to be short, I have heard of a few auto extinguishers and not heard of any bad ones. They come in many different designs.
Amongst a lot of other work, i fit and commission "Fireboy Xintex" suppression systems on luxury and super yachts.
They are definitely the nuts, based in Poole. FM200 gas fills the area in a split second, removing oxygen and cooling.
Vehicle engine compartment extinguishers is where they started out. Not sure of its the same gas but it will be quality.
They still supply for vehicles as I'm promised a kit at mates rates any time now.

Latest posts