Fuel hose for twin carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertramp

Reaction score
I've got Dellorto 36 DRLA's and I'm ordering my fuel hose now - going for that fancy 'biofuel' stuff (not cheap :shock: )
What internal diameter size do I need? They go 5.5mm, 7.3mm and so on

I've got a metal fuel line coming into the engine bay, this then connects to my new electric fuel pump doesn't it? Then from fuel pump to T Piece feeding both carbs. Do I use the same size hose to go from metal line > fuel pump > carbs or what?

Cheers

Advanced fluids, bio fuel line, 7mm bore. Cost less than £10 for 5 meters I think. I fitted the wider fuel outlet, fuel cut off valve and Huco pump all with 8 mm fittings. Uses a brass T to feed both carbs rather than in series.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Cheers Jon. Advanced fluid only have the 7.3 ID one would that be ok? Also it's now £14 a meter. :shock:

Ordered from here:
http://www.hoseworld.com/acatalog/Biofuel-Hose.html#SID=313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8mm biofuel hose at £2 a metre, hopefully its the right stuff.

just spoke to them at hose world they are ridiculously cheap going to compare spec sheets with advanced fluids hose if they match up jobs a good un lol think i ll buy loads of the stuff ;-)

the cheaper hose working temp is lower TEMPERATURE RANGE: -30C + -80C and advanced fluids is Working Temp: - 40'C > + 125'C is this as important as i think it is ?

haha good point although in fairness i do goto norway a lot, and have driven to Tromso in norway and it was was -35 then :)

I got mine in halfords. £2.50 a meter branded Goodyear. counting to 3 metres perplexed him and he gave me the rest of the reel 7.5 metres for 7.50

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is it bio fuel line or just "fuel" line. There seems to be a hearty premium for the ethanol proof stuff apart from hose world. Good result if it is, but I'd not trust anyone with such crap multiplication skills..

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

It'd e10 stuff. I replaced all mine after my fuel line started breaking down due to e10.

Interestingly when in France this year I noticed notice on petrol pumps saying don't put e10 in older cars. One garage with a pump guy even refused to put it in the tank - then kindly showed me the ethenol free sans plomb.

Halfords can be useful only if you know what you need and can id it like fuel hose. They are not that well trained but useful to show you where they keep pipe and such

Latest posts