Busfest 2016 - 9-11 Sep '16

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bookings are now live for Busfest 2016. We will have Early Bay camping, and hopefully a line up on the Saturday.

Club camping can be booked direct on the website, but you will need a code to access it. Please PM me for the code.

Cheers

http://www.busfest.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also just sorted tickets out to Busfest!
Been a couple of years since we have been so hopefully it will be a laugh 8)

Club line up display on Saturday is back to the hard standing between the two halls/sheds! :)

BUSFEST NEWS – JULY

Here is an update on how things are going with our plans for this years BUSFEST.

FIRST OF ALL…… If you have not already booked your tickets then you may be leaving it too late.

We will be closing our booking system in the next few days as many areas are now FULL

We now have less than 300 camping spaces left.
:shock:

For those of you who have booked then we will be sending out tickets and passes from the end of this month (July).

Those of you who have been with us at Malvern before will know what to expect.

A little reminder of that from BUSFEST 2015 is HERE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9w...k2VU1ON2s/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We can promise you an event that has the widest (and wildest) collection of Transporters and largest selection of Traders of any VW event in the UK.

For those of you who have not been to one of our events at Malvern before, the THREE COUNTIES SHOWGROUND has excellent facilities with numerous welfare blocks, good tarmac roads, indoor areas and well drained trade & camping areas you can be sure you will have a good time with us whatever the weather! We have showers, food, bars, site wide Wi-Fi, Cash points and a site shop for basic provisions. Dogs are allowed on site and evening entertainment is FREE.

There are a few changes (as usual!) to this year’s event.

I am afraid that we will not be able to run a crèche facility on the site this year so this may lead to even more toddlers being dragged round the site in carts!

However we will be adding a bit extra to our BUSFEST CINEMA in the Severn Hall which will be exclusively playing children’s (Disney Type) Films throughout the weekend.

Another casualty is our SOAPBOX Derby. After a very promising start last year there just has not been the take up we need this year to present a second Derby so we have put it on hold for the time being.

Now for some good news:

SUNSHINE & SHOWERS

OK, I am working on the sunshine bit but for Campers (and anyone else who may get a bit messy during the weekend after becoming zombiefied! ) I am pleased to announce that we will be adding (at least) 3 more shower blocks to our welfare facilities this year. These are likely to be located at Family Camping, Yellow (Dog Free Camping) Block & Teme Toilet Block. I am afraid we cannot site any showers in the General Camping area (yet) due to drainage issues, but these blocks are not too far from most of the camping areas

A NEW BOTCHED UP VOICE FOR BUSFEST

I am very pleased to announce that we have secured the services of Paul (“Botch”) Venners to be our “man on the mike” this year. Paul and I go back a very long time & I am sure many of you in the VW World will have heard his chatter before if you have ever been to the “Pod”.

BUSFEST ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

For this year’s event we have opted for a “ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE” fancy dress theme (but don’t worry; we have also allocated several “Zombie-free safe zones” across the site for those of you with small children or who prefer a more traditional Busfest experience.)

We have secured the services of “ZOMBIE INFECTION” to help us deal with the Zombie issue on site and really raise the stakes (and excitement) for this year’s event.

ZOMBIE INFECTION Events, is the UK’s premier ZOMBIE EXPERIENCE company and are our theatrical partners for this year’s Busfest - Zombie Apocalypse.

http://zombieinfection.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They will be showing what they do around the showground, in The Marquee Friday & Saturday nights, and at their Zombie Zone in the Fun Zone alongside Main Street.

I'm very pleased to say that we have devised some despicable theatrics in the Marquee for Friday and Saturday nights, as well as some diabolical goings on around Main Street during the afternoons.
They will also have a display stand in the Fun Zone, showing you what they do up and down the country, as well as make - up and Zombie artefacts for sale.

They will also have professional Zombie make-up artists on hand to help you perfect that 'just dead' look!

Finally, we have devised a "get out if you can" zombie experience alongside, with clues to help you escape the room before the Zombie in the corner gets off his leash! (Timed event, for a small fee)

8)

http://WWW.BUSFEST.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: Well .... I'm afraid of zombies but I am still going :mrgreen:
Busfest charged my credit card yesterday so I guess I will have a vendors plot this year again 8)
Please stop by to say hi or to buy one of the many trinkets and americana I shipped inside my bus to sell at Busfest.

Looking forward to seeing or meeting some of you there :D

ib-bus said:
:shock: Well .... I'm afraid of zombies but I am still going :mrgreen:
Busfest charged my credit card yesterday so I guess I will have a vendors plot this year again 8)
Please stop by to say hi or to buy one of the many trinkets and americana I shipped inside my bus to sell at Busfest.

Looking forward to seeing or meeting some of you there :D

See you there Juan. :)

CAMPING for this years BUSFEST is now SOLD out, we are FULL

Those of you who have booked should be receiving your tickets & joining instructions in the next few days.

Day Visitors will of course still be able to come & pay on the day at Day Visitors Gate as usual.

8)

Latest posts