• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking a '68 Westy...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got the kidney shape brake fluid reservoir? And if the chap after the script badge changes his mind I wouldn't mind 2nd dibs.

type2tattoo said:
Any news on the engine hatch?

Yep, I will be getting it off on Monday. Sorry for the delay, but I am snowed under with requests and doing my actual job.

speedwell68 said:
Alfie said:
speedwell68 said:
Pictures as promised...

20170816_193119.jpg

20170816_193134.jpg

I think the script has lost a pin, but still fits just fine.

£25 posted.

Speedwell68, That's great thanks.

Just noticed that the vent plate seems to be different to the bit I'm after. The plate is a surround for the vent holes at the front of the the cargo floor, just before the walk through area between the cab seat, and also holds the rubber mat in place..if you know what I mean?

Don't worry if you haven't got that bit, can you tell me how much just for the script badge please?

Regards Alfie

That is cool, that strip is all mine has. Lets call it £15 posted for the script.

Awesome, thanks will PM you regarding payment for it

Hi,
What's the steering box like? Ive got a lot of play in my 68.
Also do you have the dash board heater leavers, mine are all missing.
Cheers
Rowan

speedwell68 said:
type2tattoo said:

Yep, I will be getting it off on Monday. Sorry for the delay, but I am snowed under with requests and doing my actual job.

No worries :) If it's available I need it, don't mind waiting :) I am off to Cornwall for a week Friday so if you don't hear from me Please! keep it for me :) I will be back 1st September and sort it out after landing :) I don't care what condition it's in as long as it's not crow barred sideways like mine lol

type2tattoo said:
speedwell68 said:
type2tattoo said:

No worries :) If it's available I need it, don't mind waiting :) I am off to Cornwall for a week Friday so if you don't hear from me Please! keep it for me :) I will be back 1st September and sort it out after landing :) I don't care what condition it's in as long as it's not crow barred sideways like mine lol

That is handy as I live in Perranporth and the van is in Truro, you could collect it in person.

bernie said:
Hi,
Cheers
Rowan

The steering box was OK, it never had advisories for play in the MOT. That is all I know about it. I will get the plastic levers off today and send pics of the steering box.

Hadders said:
Have you got the kidney shape brake fluid reservoir? And if the chap after the script badge changes his mind I wouldn't mind 2nd dibs.

I will get the brake reservoir off today.

speedwell68 said:
type2tattoo said:
speedwell68 said:

That is handy as I live in Perranporth and the van is in Truro, you could collect it in person.
Brilliant we are staying in Perran for a week lol will pm you my number ,give us a shout when I can come collect it 😊

speedwell68 said:
bernie said:
Hi,
Cheers
Rowan

The steering box was OK, it never had advisories for play in the MOT. That is all I know about it. I will get the plastic levers off today and send pics of the steering box.

Ok great. If you can pm me the pics of box and levers that would be great. Will go check my current box so I can compare.
Cheers

Do you have either of the cab doors and the driver's seat? Also interested in the pop-top if available.

spacebiscuit said:
Do you have either of the cab doors and the driver's seat? Also interested in the pop-top if available.

The roof you know about. I have both cab doors, They are a bit crusty. I will post pics. The cab seats are fecked, but are recoverable, so again I will post pictures.

type2tattoo said:
Just thought I need the rear hatch window too

Did you get my pm mate? I am sure you are inundated with requests but let me know and hopefully I can come pic them up towards the end of the week if that's ok Cheers Lynds

type2tattoo said:
type2tattoo said:
Just thought I need the rear hatch window too

Did you get my pm mate? I am sure you are inundated with requests but let me know and hopefully I can come pic them up towards the end of the week if that's ok Cheers Lynds

Yep I will get back to you later with pics of the window. I hope to get it off today.

Latest posts