71 Seattle Westy Restoration - Done, Time to go camping

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voltage Sensing Split Charge system installed. Very please how neat this is. Each battery has a 100 amp inline fuse. I had the bodyshop install a battery base clamp on the left side to match the right side and it looks very neat. I've gone with an 85 Ah battery. Would have like bigger but was concerned there wouldn't be room. This battery was a bargain too, £46.50 and it is a leisure battery.

Sink unit finished. Now fitted with a Webasto Cruise Elegance CR49 Fridge. Very please how the modifications to the sink drain came out. I was going to stick to the existing tap but decided to fit a modern one it it's place with built in micro switch. I'm fitting a water tank with submersible pump under the buddy seat.

Trial fit of all the 71 camper furniture. That's the first time it's all been in there for over 3 years. I then finished all the floor, (foil insulation under the woode), and fitted the trunking ready to take all the power cables. Next job is to lay the vinyl flooring then, lay all the power cables, then all the furniture can be bolted down for the final time.

Toilet and water tank installed. These are all fitted underneath the buddy seat. I've gone for a Thetford Cube 335 cassette toilet. Very small and compact. I've mounted it on a wooden base to raise it level with the top of the buddy seat frame.

I really like the way you're sitting this all out, quite different. I've got my hookup trips etc under the buddy seat but might consider moving it to as I fancy the fridge set up like yours. Great work by the way.

Robcod said:
I really like the way you're sitting this all out, quite different. I've got my hookup trips etc under the buddy seat but might consider moving it to as I fancy the fridge set up like yours. Great work by the way.

Thank you. The water container is from Kiravans. Fits perfect in the buddy seat and comes with a strap.

Just had a good read through your thread, very enjoyable!! You have done well Kev, a cracking bus for sure. I didn't realise you could raise the rear suspension to get things looking level, going to look into this. Cheers

CornishSilver said:
Just had a good read through your thread, very enjoyable!! You have done well Kev, a cracking bus for sure. I didn't realise you could raise the rear suspension to get things looking level, going to look into this. Cheers

Thanks mate. Yes got the 71 perfectly level now. I'm hoping it doesn't drop though now I'm adding weight. I prefer standard ride height on an unmodified bus.

I've now fitted the electric hook up so fitted the last birch panel with new continental power plugs in yellow and brown of course.

Vinyl flooring down. just need to put the aluminium edge strip on. I'm going to put silicone sealing under the edge strip as this is where the water gets in the worse. I've also done a colour change on the power plugs. I wasn't happy with the yellow and the single seemed a slightly different shade to the double plug.

New floor edging strip fitted (NLAVW) and wardrobe bolted in permanently. I've also fitted a scuff protector (white) from NLAVW on the sill which will stop the dogs scratching it, and us of course. Please with that.

Kev946 said:
Vinyl flooring down. just need to put the aluminium edge strip on. I'm going to put silicone sealing under the edge strip as this is where the water gets in the worse. I've also done a colour change on the power plugs. I wasn't happy with the yellow and the single seemed a slightly different shade to the double plug.

Don't use silicone sealant, go for polyurethane sealant. Silicone contains salts.....

Great work on the interior - very impressive 8)

gninnam said:
Kev946 said:

Don't use silicone sealant, go for polyurethane sealant. Silicone contains salts.....

Great work on the interior - very impressive 8)

Thanks. Too late on the sealant. It's painted ther so should be ok.

I collected the recovered bed, buddy seat, stool cushions today together with the front cab seat from J&S, thanks Jo & Steve. So please with them, they've made a cracking job. Front seats are biege to match the TMI door cards and are as original. Looking forward to start fitting these at the weekend as I now need the armrest to final fit the bed base then start wiring everything up. I've had my new pop top continental bed done in mustard vinyl and also had the infill cushion to make the bed bigger when the spare is removed.

Stunning bus Kev you've done well mate!! One day mine will be as tidy, just waiting for the kids to move out unless rust becomes a problem beforehand.

CornishSilver said:
Stunning bus Kev you've done well mate!! One day mine will be as tidy, just waiting for the kids to move out unless rust becomes a problem beforehand.

Thanks mate. Getting excited now about the prospect of camping in it. It's took 3 years to get this far...phew lol

Latest posts