New '71 Westy Owner - Now with Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev946

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been a member on here for a while and found some fantastic information which has helped me with finding a van and planning my resto so thought I'd better say hello and post a couple of pictures up.

Meet Raymond. He's a USA LHD import which came across from Silverlake, Washington in 2010. Nothing much has been done since then except a rather poor paint job. The nice thing is other than that it's nice and original with all the Westy interior in place, even the stool. It had a lot of money spent on mechanicals in 2006 in the US such as a full engine build so presumably that was when it was re-commissioned. I've checked the M-Plate and he was born on Monday 17th May 1971.

I've decided to have a professional repaint to start with as I can't live with the paint finish. It's booked in for Oct/Nov time as a local resto paintshop. It's staying original Pastel White. I'm also planning on a retrim as the original westy mustard vinyl is very tired and ripped. Suggestions welcome for the retrim, colours and style etc.. I think I will go away from the Mustard as I'm not keen but everything else is staying standard. I figured I can always return the covers to original at any stage. Has anyone seen colth front seats like these before. I assume they were recovered in the US at some stage?

For some reason it won't let me attached pictures, says board attachment quota has been reached. Now realised I need a link so let me load up to Picasa later and put some pictures up. Can't do it from work at the moment.

Hi!

Another white Westy yey! Join the club :)

Look forward to seeing pics, I find it best to use photobucket but I don't know if you can do that from work.

Welcome to Early Bay anyway!

Lainey

Awwww cute looking Westy :)

I love those under dash parcel shelf things, I have one on my shopping list 8)

Latest posts