69 westy montana red

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slammed said:
Some great work going on here Lee, love the wheel choice.
Wheree did you get the Porsche brake set up from (excluding the calipers)? Thats next on the list for my deluxe. 8)
cheers mate i bought the set up off a guy on the ssvc but the set i have for my splitty i got from a porsche breakers called porsche-a-part

Rusty Lee said:
Photo0415.jpg

Yeah! that's what I'm talking about......so close now 8)

Finally cracked this rear end.what a pain in the botox that creative porche pattern kit turned out to be.first of all you need a spacer for early bays between the hub nut and the hub as the splines stick out to far and you cant get the nut to tighten the hub up,creative dont supply the spacer so i had 2 made that worked but then the hub nut stuck out past the wheel .so then i scraped that idea as i cant get the centre cap on the wheels so next idea thanks to a few phone calls,i had to find some late bayt stub axles as they are 20mm shorter than early bay ones,so found them fitted them in and then the nut wouldnt go down the thread enough so then i had to take my hubs that i got off creative and have 12mm machined off them so the nut would go down the thread enough.anyway job now done and the cap goes on but what a pian and extra expense that has been.also whipped the half shafts out and the cv joints are really dry and gritty so im replacing those.will i ever get this thing on its wheels.one day i guess.

Photo0423.jpg

Photo0427.jpg

Photo0429.jpg

Photo0430.jpg

Photo0424.jpg

Photo0425.jpg

175 55 15 i think cant remember got it wrote down somewhere.why you going the same route?

Wensbry said:
Well impressed mate !!!

I'll come over and have a look in the flesh in a week or two.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers mate.your welcome anytime.

Latest posts