1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress has been slow the past couple of weeks. Richard being a 1 man band has had a few other things to do and I lost my dad end of last month so my interest has been low and I've been busy sorting all that stuff out with mum but anyway....

I did build these

Seems there's been a lot of loses going around. Thoughts are with you and yours.
In the same sort of boat lately. Thoughts all around. Bus is looking ace.

J & P
:D :D :D

Cheers for the kind words guys

Here a pic in the early 90's of my dad with his 72 Devon moonraker he had just finished restoring. It should have had an early front but it was crashed before he got it and the insurance fitted a late panel. He sold this in about 99 for a lhd double door split screen panel.

Started moving into the new workshop today. This is where the bus will live once it's out of the body shop. As well as doing some work for customers ;)

gas1man said:
Clean!!!!!!!!! But not for long.Bus is looking ace.

J & P

I can assure you that it will stay clean. Nothing worse that a messy workshop

Seems me choosing to swap the FK8 for an FK10 cam was a wise move....

4 years of challenging chavvy Civic's and ST's at traffic lights as well as many miles thundering along motorways has took its toll on the cam and lifters, Not bothered as I was changing the cam anyway. My engine has never let me down or missed a beat and Hector who built it is a perfectionist and genius but this comes with the territory of having a fast bus.

We are upgrading the valve train too, Titanium retainers & keepers, K650 springs as well as the hotter cam. It should go like f*ck :D

Latest posts