1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the raptor, it was used on the underside of my bay, you can buy a kit to add your own colour to it, I used pearle white same as the outside of the bus. Look for the pack that's tintable

Alistair

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Well it's seems I can keep the bus :mrgreen: My financial situation has started to pick up!

Anyway....

The raptor spray kit is on its way and I've been on the hunt for another exhaust which has been difficult as bugpack no longer make the mondo muffler I like so much :( I thought about a csp python but near on a £1000 for something that's only gonna gain 1-2 hp was not an option and I loathe the Vintage speed systems so that was a definite no. However whist browsing the cb performance site I came across this...

So 1 is on order and will be ceramic coated when it arrive 8)

Bus got pushed outside for some sunshine today.

All the windows and lights are now out and the whole front will be rubbed down Friday. The front is gonna take a bit of work to get straight :?

Productive day today, stripped all the rear suspenion and running gear out. The spring plates, torsion covers, rear trailing arms and hubs.

Got new wheel bearings cv's and flexi hoses to go on. Will make some new hard lines up too.

Bit of negative day today :( Richard sent me some pics of yet more bodges done by buswerx :sad0049:

This has been a bit of a downer on the project I must admit but hey ho...

Bad news Karlos with the evidence supplied by your new bodyshop will you be able to progress some legal action ?
Is the front panel salvageable ? or will it have to be replaced ?

*Sam* said:
Bad news Karlos with the evidence supplied by your new bodyshop will you be able to progress some legal action ?
Is the front panel salvageable ? or will it have to be replaced ?

Richard is set on repairing and saving as much og metal as possible so hopefully won't need a new panel. Yeah some legal but tbh I really can't be bothered with the hassle. I just want it done and finished so I can use it in the summer.

More bare metalling today, thankfully the rest is ok! :)

Also ordered 1 of these... :mrgreen:

4.5" narrowed king & link pin, with camber adjustment from Transporterhaus

Correct colour and font licence plate for 1970 with genuine 70's surround. Yes and before anyone says I know the laws doesn't like them :msn4:

Got all the rear running gear back from the powder coaters this week. Put my adjustable spring plates back together and fitted the new rear wheel bearings too. Need to finish etch priming the rear chassis then I can start applying the raptor coating.

Built up my powder coated rear hubs with new bearings, seals and fresh grease.

Just need the new shoes and wheel cylinders to come then the back end can go back together

Work is ticking along nicely, front end should be finished this week then its onto the cab floor. My engine builder is gonna give the stroker a once over and maybe fettle the heads a bit more :msn4:

Latest posts